Her Name Is Hotaru?

Great. Today was a day I hated so much. Mondays. Whoever made Mondays, I'm going to kill them. I was walking with Henshin wrapped around my arm since I was alone. He wanted to go with me to school since staying home was boring. He was also acting a little strange. I looked around to see if Miki was going to show up but he didn't. Weird. As I was walking further, I didn't hear Aomi come running from behind me. Usually, she would have jumped on my back and choked me half to death. Oh well. I finally arrived at the school and something else was weird. Chokichi wasn't there waiting for me. He was always waiting for me and now he decides to just stop? I know something isn't right here. I walked into the school and saw... nothing. There weren't any teachers, students, anything that was usually here. I was beginning to freak out. Where the hell was everyone? I wandered around the school, checking every place they could be. Still nothing. I looked at Henshin who was sleeping on my arm. But there was something odd about him. I lifted up one of his eyelids only to be shocked. He had no eye color! Those yellow eyes I loved looking at were gone! This wasn't Henshin. Just then, he looked at me with the eyes that weren't there and slithered off into a room.I slowly walked to the doorway and peeked inside. It seemed like an ordinary room. I walked in. I couldn't see Henshin anywhere. The door then closed behind me and locked shut. I heard a noise and there at the back of the room was Henshin. He then began to laugh. But like a girl. What? He doesn't laugh like a girl. Yet there he was laughing in a girl's voice. I watched as he began to change form and transformed into his demon form. Those same eyes still there. He began to attack me, knocking the desks over to the sides and making them fly into the walls. I tried to transform but couldn't. What was happening? Henshin was now a few inches away from me and swung his claws but I dodged. It was more difficult trying to beat up your pet over some common idiots that won't leave you the hell alone. As I kept dodging, I could feel myself losing stamina. I was more vulnerable in my human form. I was able to run to the door and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. Dammit. What was going on? Henshin began to laugh again. He then began to transform and became a girl with very long, blue hair. Her eyes were the same yellow as Henshin's. I looked at her and scowled.

Me:Whats the big idea of turning into Henshin and trying to kill me? And what the hell is going on?

Girl:That's a rude hello. I guess I'll tell my identity first. I'm Hotaru. I'm a demon that escaped from hell and I have a power that is affecting you right now.

Me:And what would that be?

Hotaru:You'll have to find out for yourself. But I will give you a hint. Since you know this school so well, find the big jewel that can never be cleaned no matter how much dirt is removed in any way. Look under a fragment to understand what is going on.

I looked at her, confused beyond belief. I then groaned.

Me:Don't tell me you like riddles.

Hotaru:I love them.

Me:I told you not to tell me.

Hotaru:Oh well. Anyway, I suggest you find that fragment soon. Time is ticking.

She then disappeared in a cloud of dust. The dust, however, seemed familiar.It was a light orange color. Where did I see that color of dust before? I shook my head. I had to find that fragment. But where the hell is a big jewel in this school? The door opened behind me and I ran out of the classroom just in case it wanted to close on me again. I looked down the halls but didn't see anything that looked like a big jewel. I began to run up and down every hallway in the school. I checked in every classroom but still nothing. Where in this stupid school was that jewel? I went outside and ran to the gym. Still nothing that reminded me of a jewel. Oh, fuck it! Where am I going to find a giant jewel? I went to the back of the school and looked at the baseball field. I never did like baseball. The sport was too boring. Having to run on that apparent diamond shaped field. Wait. Diamond? I looked at the field and noticed that it was called a baseball diamond since the four plates were in a diamond shape. The four plates? Those must have been the fragments! I ran down to the plate I was closest to and picked it up. Nothing. I went to the next and picked it up but still nothing. A thought then came to me. Home. Home base! I went to the plate that was considered home in the game and picked it up. Underneath the plate was some writing and a lock. It was the kind you twisted to get the right numbers under the small arrow. I read the writing. 'Seems you got my riddle. Now here is another. The locker that this lock goes to is the one that is considered, not a locker, but a gate. Can you find it before 4 p.m. when it closes for good?' After I was done reading, the writing disappeared. I picked up the lock and looked at it. A locker considered a gate? The hell kind of riddle was that? I was now stuck. I never liked riddles. I Looked around and decided to start running again. I stopped when I got to one of the classrooms.I had to figure out this riddle. What were the hints? Locker considered a gate, it needs a lock, and it closes at 4 p.m. Wait, 4 p.m.? Isn't that when school closed? And the school has a gate. That was it! The gate was the locker that needed its missing lock. I peeked into the class and saw the clock which said 3:50. 10 minutes. I rushed down the hall and out of the front doors. I saw the gate and ran up to it. Strange. I don't remember it being closed. Well, this was a weird day. I looked at the small ring on the gate and placed the lock on it. It didn't move. Hotaru then appeared next to the gate. She was smiling.

Hotaru:You're doing well. This is the last riddle. To unlock the now locked gate, you must dial in the combination of Miki's birthday.

Me:What?! I don't know that bastard's birthday!

Hotaru:Then you better find out. I'll even help you. He has the same birthday as something you had obtained years ago.

With that, she disappeared again but this time in a black mist. Great. Just lovely. The fuck did I obtain on his birthday? I thought about everything that I had obtained. The small things seemed stupid. I kept thinking about it. I obtained something years ago on Miki's birthday yet I didn't know what. The only thing I could think of that I obtained was... my powers? Wait. That can't be it. I looked at the lock and began to dial in three numbers. Click! The lock came off and the gate opened. I could hear the bell ringing signaling me that it was 4. I immediately ran out of the gate. I opened my eyes to find myself in my room. Henshin was at the end of the bed and Shoukku's voice had just reached my ears.

Shoukku:Get up Shichi! Its Monday and you have school!

I groaned. Mondays. I sat up and felt my head start to throb. I looked at Henshin and lifted up an eyelid. I sighed when I saw the yellow eyes. I looked around and got out of bed and raced downstairs. I didn't eat breakfast and I was going to hear it from Shoukku. I was walking and Miki showed up. Good. One thing right. After beating him up, Aomi showed up and Chokichi was waiting at the front door. Everything seemed back together. The teachers and kids were there and no doors locking behind me all day. Everything was back to normal. The only problem is that I still didn't know who that girl was. But I knew her name. Hotaru.