Meeting The Ultimate Enemy

I was feeling a lot better today. Except for the fact that it was Monday. That part still sucked. Miki showed up as always and the outcome was still the same. He tries to beat me and I end up kicking his ass. Aomi and Choki were waiting for me in front of school and smiled when they saw me.

Aomi:Hey Shichi! How are you feeling today?

Me:Fine. A lot better than yesterday.

Choki:Are you sure?

Me:Yea. Now lets hurry up and get inside. I want this day to be over.

We walked into the class and sat down. I had to listen to the teacher until the bell rang and we left to go home. What a boring person. As I was walking, Miki decided to try again. He attacked me after school as well as the morning. He failed again miserably. After I dodged his punch, I threw my punch and he dodged the wrong way and ended up getting in the way of the punch. He ended up leaving with a bloody nose. Again. I was passing by an alleyway and stopped. I looked to see a shadow standing in the darkness. I stepped towards it only to have an evil sensation sweep over me. I had never felt anything like it. I felt like I was underwater, in a dark abyss, unable to catch my breath. It was like nothing I had ever felt. The shadow then stepped out of the darkness and came into view. I saw a man with light blue hair that went just past his ears. But his eyes. They were like mine. A dark red. His clothes were normal though. He wore a blue shirt and dark blue pants with a chain hanging around them. He smiled. It made shivers run up and down my spine. There was also some strange device in his right hand that was beeping constantly. It was getting irritating. The man then spoke. 

Man:So you're the one who has the shard. Interesting. And who might you be? 

Me:Someone who doesn't talk to creepy strangers. Who the heck are you? 

Man:Oh forgive me. I forgot my manners. I'm Zenaku. Now I think its fair if you tell me your name. 

Me:Fine. Its Shichi. 

Zenaku:What a strange name for a girl. Fitting that you should have the shard. Your clothing also says a lot about you. You're a rebellious girl who doesn't get pushed around by anyone and is even rebellious towards your own family. 

Me:How the hell do you know that? Are you a demon? 

Zenaku:No. But I'm not fully human either. 

Me:What a coincidence. Neither am I. 

I transformed into my reaper form. I grabbed my sword and pointed it at him. He snickered and clapped. 

Zenaku:I see you have already learned how to harness the powers of the shard. Very good. Not many people have come close to the level of control that you have right now. Its a shame that I'll have to kill you. 

Me:Kill me? As if. 

I called upon one of the techniques of my sword. 

Me:Kaji Jigoku. Hell's fire. 

A ring of hell's fire then surrounded Zenaku and began to rise above his head. I grinned knowing he couldn't escape from that. Not even high level demons could escape the flames once engulfed. I was wrong however. The flames began to act strangely and suddenly vanished leaving Zenaku unharmed. How? 

Zenaku:You may have learned how to wield the shard but you can't beat me. 

I gritted my teeth. I then called upon the other technique. 

Me:Tenma Jigoku. Hell's demons. 

Demons then rose from the ground and lunged at Zenaku. But before they reached him, they were destroyed by a barrier. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't possible. Zenaku grinned and stepped forward. Before he took the next step, he vanished making me lose sight of him. I turned around to see him standing there. Before I could react, hands popped out of the ground and grabbed me. I was unable to get free and, for some reason, I changed back into my human form. Somehow, he was affecting my powers. He stepped closer and placed a hand on my head. 

Zenaku:I'll be taking back what's mine. You may have become attached to your powers but I need that shard in you. 

My body then began to feel hot. I felt like my body was shutting down. Everything was hurting. I couldn't help but scream out in pain. I knew what was happening. He was stealing my powers.