The Power Of Dousatsu

Today was actually going well. At school, a pipe burst so school ended early. Yes! I also heard from Aomi that Miki had caught a cold. I didn't ask how she found out. While walking with Henshin, who was on my head as a kitten, we ran into Aito who was dressed in regular clothes. I waved to him and he waved back.

Me:Hey Aito.

Aito:Hey Shichi. Why aren't you in school?

Me:A pipe burst and flooded the second floor so we were able to go home.

Aito:How?

Me:Who knows. I'm just happy to be out of that torture house.

Aito:Funny. Oh, I didn't notice the cat on your head.

Me:Yea. Meet Henshin.

Aito:Wait. Didn't he help us fight off that weirdo that tried to kill you?

Me:Yep. I did say he was a shape shifter.

Aito:Right.

Aito then petted Henshin on his head and Henshin licked him. The moment passed however when we heard screams in the distance. We immediately ran towards the commotion and saw people running away from what appeared to be high level demons. And there were so many! I counted and couldn't believe how many there were.

Me:There are 8. But how? There have never been this many demons in one place before!

Aito:Well worrying about it now won't help. Hurry and transform.

Me:Alright. Jeez.

I looked around to see if anyone was around and no one was. I transformed and Henshin did as well. He became a tiger and charged at the demons. I followed and began slashing at the demons. I noticed Aito wasn't moving.

Me:Aito! Help me out!

Aito:Hold on. I'm unlocking my abilities.

Me:You have to unlock your abilities?

Aito:Yes.

Aito concentrated and a strange power began to seep from his body. It was intense! He had such amazing power. He smiled at me and suddenly vanished from my sights. I looked to see him standing next to me.

Me:How in the hell?

Aito:I trained in the martial arts remember? I have to stay at top shape. Now lets hurry and beat these demons.

Me:Right.

We both charged at the demons. I called my demons and fire to the battle and took out 2 of the demons. The others were able to dodge. They were more powerful than I thought. I quickly glanced at Aito and was shocked by what I saw. He was moving so fast, I could barely keep up with him. I watched as a demon threw a punch and he dodged to the side with a grin on his face. He jumped into the air and kicked the demon in the face making it fall onto its back. I swear I heard the demon's skull crack. I snapped out of my trance and fended off an attack from one of the demons. I swung my sword and cut the demon in half. It dissolved leaving no trace behind. That's what they do after defeated. Henshin had already beaten 3 of the demons. We looked around to see if there were anymore but there wasn't. We rounded together.

Me:I took out 3 demons.

Aito:I took out 2.

Me:And I think Henshin took out 3 as well.

Henshin nodded to confirm my conclusion. He transformed into a snake and slithered up to my head where he transformed into a kitten again. I transformed back into a human and Aito's power seemed to cut off. I looked at him.

Aito:I relocked my powers.

Me:Why do you need to lock them.

Aito:Because if I don't then the power will overflow causing me to run wild. Dousatsu is a dangerous power. Not many have mastered it.

Me:Then why did you?

Aito:Because of what happened years ago. You see, I was able to learn karate because of my parents. They were karate masters. I was 14 when they died. Someone had broken into our dojo and was trashing everything. They went to go stop them while I stayed behind and watched from outside the dojo. The lights were off so I didn't see who it was but before my parents could land an attack... they died. I don't know how and I didn't see the guy do anything but stand there. But I did hear a sound before they died. It sounded like someone snapping their fingers.

I flinched. Snapping their fingers? Didn't Zenaku do that?

Aito:Anyway after my parents died, I looked for another karate master to learn and train more. My new master had told me about Dousatsu and taught it to me even though he had not learned it himself.

Me:I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you remember all that.

Aito:Its fine. Lets just get going. I'm exhausted.

I agreed and we went in the direction of a cafe to get something to drink. We then said goodbye and I walked back to my house with Henshin still on my head. I thought about Aito's story and what had happened during the fight. He was incredible! This Dousatsu was apparently an amazing power.