Mother Wilde

It has come to my attention that this story is desperately in need of an ending.

A reviewer made it known that this story had been dragging along for far too long now and I agree with him completely. Out of respect for the Zootopia fandom and respect for this story. It has to end.

I think I could still do two more chapters out of this story before I end it. It had a good run, it really did. With over 500 reviews and a thousand follows, this is the most viewed story that I ever wrote.

So without further ado here's the third to the last chapter of this story.

"Hi mom."

Everyone in the room froze.

Judy couldn't believe it. Nick's mother was here, now! At a moment where she was completely caught off guard.

What would she do? Judy didn't want her first impression with Nick's mother to be like this, she didn't even had a chance to fix herself yet.

"What are you doing here?" she heard Nick ask, "Uh, I mean... Not that I don't want you here it's just that you usually call first."

The vixen raised a delicate eyebrow, "I did."

The Todd's heart rate began to haywire. Choosing his words carefully he asked, "When?"

"Didn't Finnick tell you?"

From sidelines, Finnick mumbled, "Shit."

Nick chuckled nervously, "Would you excuse me for a few minutes, mom? I just need to have a word with Finnick."

"Well I-"

His son closed the door before she could even complete her sentence.

Frantically, his eyes zoned in on the one mammal that could answer the thousand questions that's running in his mind right now.

And said mammal had been trying to pry the window open in a desperate way to escape.

Unfortunately for Finnick, it wouldn't even budge.

A red paw grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

"Hey let go!" exclaimed Finnick as Nick dangled him in the air by his shirt.

Judy rushed towards them, "Nick calm down, you should probably let him go."

"Not a chance! Why didn't you tell me my mother called?!"

"I forgot, okay? I can't remember when she called, probably last night when the party was still going on."

"Oh my God," Nick groaned, "Why? Why did I give you that spare key?"

He finally let him down. The fennec sighed as adjusted his shirt.

"Look," he started, "I messed up, okay?  I could not be more sorry about this. I'll just go outside and explain everything to your mom, okay?"

"That won't be necessary."

The three mammals looked back to see the vixen had entered the apartment unnoticed.

"I'll just be needing a few minutes to talk to my son." she informed.

Her voice was leveled and calm, to Nick, that was a bad sign.

She heard him speak his name, "Nicholas," his son gulped, "Please step outside if you would?"

"Sure mom," he nodded.

His feet felt heavy, it seems as though the moment looked like a prisoner was walking to the firing range for execution.

Judy watched her boyfriend's mother walk out of her apartment, the fox himself following not a second later.
The last thing Judy saw was his bushy tail going through the door frame before the door closed.