Round One

Events!

Events shall happen!

Get ready for fluffs! Get ready for insults! Get ready for sitcom references! And get ready for movie references!

A number of my favorite shows and movies shall be featured in this chapter, as well as the next one, see if you can spot some of them :)

You can do this.

One of those combinations of words that when said, easy as pie. But when coming down to actually doing it, a whole different story.

And as Judy walked into the front yard with Nick still holding her paw, she did her best to keep a straight face. Her many brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles and aunts immediately noticed her; some smiled, some waved a friendly hello and others merely stared, at her and at Nick, a mixture of expressions adorned each whiskered face.

Bewilderment.

Recognition.

Pride.

Admiration.

And, quite sadly, Scorn.

All these faces, all familiar and yet her own parents were nowhere in sight.

Maybe they were inside the house.

She could let Nick meet them later, for now, he can meet her relatives. Her nosy, and somewhat stuck up relatives.

The grey rabbit dared to let go of Nick's paw to wave at the crowd.

"Hey, everyone!" she greeted.

"Isn't that cousin Judy?" one brown and white rabbit asked.

"Yeah," came an answer from somewhere at the back, "But who's she with?"

"That's a fox. Why's he here?"

"Did Judy bring him here?"

"He looks like a waiter, Did she hire a catering service?"

That last one made Judy smile, if not faintly.

She took a deep breath.

"Yes, cousin Sam. It's me." she readily answered.

"His name is Nicholas Wilde, Uncle John." she said to a dark brown rabbit.

"Yes, Aunt Reba, he's a fox. And he's here because I want him to meet all of you. Yes, Allan, I brought him here. And no," she sent a pointed look at a rather portly rabbit whom had the same color scheme as her father, "He is not a waiter, Uncle Henry, he's my boyfriend. And I did not hire a catering service."

'Uncle Henry' visibly deflated at that last notion. The rest merely stared, mumbled, muttered and then stared some more.

"A fox? She's dating a fox?"

"I can see why though, he looks good."

"Is that a normal thing in Zootopia?"

"Why a fox? She's dated better rabbits before!"

Nick shared a look with Judy.

Never let them see that they get to you.

She nodded, determined to face whatever. "Does anyone know where mom and dad are?" she asked over the noise.

"Judy."

The grey rabbit turned to see a brown doe rabbit walking towards them, her pink sun dress billowing against the late morning breeze.