Are We There Yet?

Nothing to see here, just a short filler chapter.

Basically just a chapter filled with roadtrip antics with bits of fluff and seriousness sprinkled lightly over the top.

PS: I do not own any of the songs mentioned in this chapter.

"Okay, clothing? Check. Carrot casserole? Check. Keys? In my purse. Boyfriend?..."

Judy turned away from the mirror for a second to look at the her door, readily expecting Nick to just burst right through it, all packed and ready to go. But of course that didn't happen.

She sighed and went back to fixing herself in the mirror, "Still pending."

Truth be told, she was nervous; why? Maybe because of what happened just the day before when she and Nick confronted her ex. She told Robby Peterson that Nick is her new boyfriend just to spite that bastard of a rabbit. Nick had been grateful for it, claiming that now he knew what he was up against, and as arrogant as that sounds it actually felt reassuring to her.

The thought that she could not get out of her head was why her parents (especially her mom) hadn't called about it yet. Surely Robby had ratted her out by now, that their precious daughter whom they are so proud of was now in a relationship with fox. From the city.

Oh she could just see it now; she and Nick getting out of her car, strolling up into the door of her old home and when either of her parents see Nick he'd be met by a scream, a shout, her mom passing out and finally, a spray choked full of fox repellent. And what's worse was Robby Peterson would be there to laugh at her face.

Splendid.

She sighed in thought...

That's not gonna happen. She wasn't giving her parents enough credit; they might farmers but she knows that they are modern enough to look at predators without anymore prejudice. Especially foxes since they themselves work with one now. She remembered Gideon Grey when she and him were just children, he had been such a bully back then. One particular incident was at the Carrot Days Festival, she had gotten into a fight with him when she was just nine, and she had scars to prove it.

But now at age twenty-nine he was much, much more mellow, sweet even. The last time they met it was months ago, he had humbly apologized for how he had acted towards her, she accepted his apology and now they are well acquainted, officially making him a friend of the family and would no doubt be part of the reunion.

It made her wonder; would he and Nick get along?

Well, they're both foxes. And they both have a sweet tooth. Gideon makes pies and Nick eats pies...

Yeah, they'll probably get along just fine.

Judy took a moment to glance at the time on her phone.

7:25 am

They need to get a move on. Traffic jam usually occurs around eight in the morning.

She gave herself a once over before gathering the things she needs for the three hour trip to the Burrows. She was out of her apartment and made her way down the three flights of stairs. She spotted him by the door as soon as she reached the last step, his head tilted down onto his phone. Her jaw nearly dropped when she noticed his attire. That picocid yellow shirt was gone, along with the equally appalling khakis, replaced by a white long sleeved shirt covered by a grey wool sweater vest and a pair of light grey slacks. The only thing that didn't change about his appearance was his red tie.

Judy's heartbeat doubled within seconds; Nick looked handsome already, but now, he was easily the hottest male she's ever dated.

Nick looked up and smiled, "Hey gorgeous. Ready to go?"