For All The Air That's In Your Lungs

Dang! Never knew you guys were that desperate! :)

But unfortunately you guys are gonna have to wait for a full blown love scene. Why? Coz it's too early for that.

But for now, here's a chapter with an unhealthy amount of fluffs and sweetness. Enough to give your dentist a reason to quit.

Judy hasn't seen Nick for a while now. Not since she released him from those handcuffs. And not since she caught a glimpse of him running through the rain last week. Carrying plastic bags containing who knows what.

She keeps denying it. One can't make her swear in front of a grand jury. It just seemed so unreal to Lieutenant Judy Hopps that she was actually concerned about her landlord, Nick Wilde.

She still has his phone. He hadn't asked for it. And she hadn't made it clear for how long she would be keeping it.

Right now, the device is rested in her paw. As she sat on her bed, head tilted down, her look of contemplation reflected on the darkened screen. Deep in thought, she ran possible scenarios if she were to go down to his room and return his phone. Some were simple, some were complicated. And others were... Well... She had to wonder how her certain 'Fantasies' got mixed in there.

Absentmindedly, her thumb found it's way into the phone's power button, the screen lit up. One would think that if someone valued their privacy they would install some sort of encryption on their phone. Nick hadn't installed one on his. And now Judy had free reign over his phone. Free to look into any of his accounts, photos and contacts.

Like I haven't done that already. She thought guiltily.

She went straight to find his gallery where hundreds of photos (almost half were selfies) of himself were stored.

Swipe after swipe. Photo after photo. Not a pixel goes by where she didn't see a flash of red fur on every panel. Eventually, she stopped on a specific photo, where the fox was holding his phone up as he smiled at the camera.

He was smiling on this one; His lips curving in a way that it creases the flesh and fur on his cheeks. His head was tilted at just the right, where the light illuminated his features perfectly.

He looked... Well, handsome. There weren't any other words to describe this picture.

He's simply handsome.

But the one thing that really caught her attention were his eyes. They were soft, lax. They put her at ease. She could easily avert her gaze.

But why would I want to? She mentally argued.

And the longer she stared the more they pulled her in.

And the more she gets pulled in, the more she realizes that she likes what she sees.

Then suddenly the phone beeped, snapping her out of her thoughts.

A prompt appeared on the screen:

14% battery left. Please charge.

How long had she been using this phone?

Long enough to know that it's time to return it. She realized.

With a loud sigh, she stood out of her bed. Feet dragging heavily against the floor, dreading the inevitable.

VVV

The three minute descent down the three flights of stairs went by too quickly. Now Judy stood in front of Nick's door, contemplating whether to knock or just barge in like nobody's business. Unsurprisingly, she went for the former.