Melodramatic Comedy Show

Hey everyone! :)

Today's chapter we'll get to look deeper into Lauren and Gideon's relationship, as well as the development of Judy and Nick's after that whole fiasco with Robby. And also, a special cameo appearance of an OC! Who is the main character of a story that I'm currently following.

Anyways, I've rambled too much already. So let's this thing going.

A pair of blue eyes blearily opened to scan the whole room.

It was bright. Too bright.

Or maybe it was the light reflecting off of the white interior design of the four cornered space.

Though whatever the hell it was, Gideon sure did not like it one bit.

The burly fox groaned as he rubbed his eyes to get the sleep out of them. He yawned loudly and began scratching his chest through the blue fabric of his blue medical gown.

Wait... What?

He looked down and he didn't see his usual blue plaid button up shirt but indeed, a medical gown.

He also noticed that he wasn't in his room; for one thing, his room doesn't have two beds in it. And possibly not even in his own house. He observed the bed as well as the eggshell white sheets that was laid over him.

I'm... In a hospital?

Then everything just came to him.

The reunion.

Robby.

That badger.

Lauren.

And of course Nick and Judy.

He gasped.

Nick! Judy!

His legs jerked and he was suddenly stabbed by sharp sting on his right thigh. The fox winced as he pulled the blanket off his lower half and immediately spotting the medical gauze and tape just above his knee.

Gideon remembered. He was stabbed.

He instantly recalled how excruciating the pain was. Something that he never would have imagined in his life.

And then another thing came to him; how was he alive?

He recalled that right after he yelled at the badger, that he was on the ground, consciousness slipping away from him. And as he saw the badger raise the shovel to deliver the final blow that was when Gideon blacked out.

What happened?

"Heya bud."

The fox screamed, involuntarily jerking his whole body upwards, along with his injured leg. Another stab of pain came to him quickly. He looked to the right, gasping as he finally saw a familiar face.

"You're finally awake." Nick said as sat on one of the chairs. He still wore the same white long-sleeved shirt and grey wool sweater vest.

Gideon wondered to himself just how in the world coul he have missed him. He was standing right there!

"You okay?" Nick asked, tilting his head to side.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Gideon answered, "You just startled me is all. How long was I out for?"

"Two months."

The injured fox's ears perked up.

He looked at Nick, "What?"

Suddenly, a rolled up magazine hit Nick on his head.

"Ow!" he yelped.

He glared down as Lauren stood in front of him, holding the offending magazine in her paw while her foot impatiently tapped on the floor.