"Don't mind her. She's a crazy woman. "His father replied. I laughed a little.

"This is Joel....Amina's-"

"Boyfriend and father of her child." The guy cut in. He grinned at me, looking me up and down. "Nice to meet you beautiful." Joel grabbed my hand and shook it...for awhile. Damarcus noticed and took a stand between us. "Check on my sister why don't you." He said with a glare. Joel laughed and went over to where their parents were.

"This is my co-worker Coolie." I looked at him but something was off about him. He just waved at me and went to go sit at the lone chair that was in the room.

"How long have you known him?" I asked in a hush tone.

"5 years. We've been working at the same company together for a minute. We were both going to work for the government until all this shit happened.

I looked back at Coolie who was staring at me. His eyes didn't leave my gaze. I felt like he could see right through me.

"He's just quiet. Nothing to be afraid about." Damarcus put a hand on my shoulder to reassure me.

"We should all get some sleep." His father annouced. "At least try even if there is a war going on outside."

"Yes. We will think of a plan of action tomorrow." The mom added in.

Everyone nodded in agreement except for me. I couldn't sleep at a time like this.

                                ~~~

I was the only one awake. The lights were out and I laid at the bottem of the bunk, staring at the top one. I could still hear the sounds of bombs shaking the ground as they landed. What I couldn't stop thinking about was that guy or alien that sparked something in me.

My neck began to ache, I felt around again and there was a tiny lump in it. I quickly scooted out from under the bottem bed. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a small knife. When I turned around, Damarcus was standing up. I freaked out and dropped the knife. It clamored against the wooden floor.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Um I..." I couldn't even get my words out correctly.

"Venus what's going on?"

I sighed. I guess I could trust him by now. "There's something in my neck. Earlier when I tried to remember something, a surge of pain sparked throughout my body."

Damarcus raised an eyebrow and walked towards me. He gently traced his fingers across my neck. "There is something." He said in shock.

"I was going to try and get it out."

"Not by yourself. That's dangerous. You can't even see back there."

"Then help me...please. My memories are blocked. I can't remember anything from yesterday. My step mom claims I was sleeping since then but I have a feeling I wasn't."

"Have you been in contact with something or someone that you shouldn't have been in contact with?" Damarcus asked suspiciously.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...no one just gets a random implant like this."

"I do nothing but go to school and live on my own. My foster parents are never there. I'm a regular girl. I don't know what you are trying to get at. That stone, I found it while I was taking a walk in my neighborhood."

"Sorry...It just seems like there's more to you than meets the eye" He said with a sigh. "Let's see what this thing is." He gestured for me to walk into the bathroom.

I nodded and opened the door to the small bathroom. Damarcus closed the door and turned the light on. "Not sure what I'm doing. My mom's a nurse so she can stitch the spot up when I'm done."

My stomach turned so bad. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea but I wanted my memories back. Something about that grey dreaded alien guy got me thinking that I knew him.

"Just hurry up please." I braced myself by holding onto the sides of the sink. Damarcus nodded and slowly but surely stabbed the knife into the back of neck. I wanted to scream but kept my mouth closed.

He cut an opening around the area where the device was placed. "I need some tweezers but I see something." I slowly opened the medicine cabinet and found a pair of tweezers sitting on the bottem shelf. I took them and handed then to him.

He began pulling at the device and I could feel it. Every time he yanked at it, I winced. My eyes began to water from the pain. I was about to lose it after he harshly yanked it again.

The device came out and so did some blood. He quickly placed a cloth over my neck.

"What the hell?" He examined the small device that glowed and made sounds. Before we knew it, the device disinigrated automatically.

I could feel myself drifting in and out of conciousness. When I could no longer see the sink in front of me, I fell. Damarcus caught me before I could hit the ground. I was surrounded but instant darkness.

Vote & Comment 👽💗