"For a girl your size, I would've never thought you had a big appetite." Damarcus laughed.

"I get told that a lot." I said with a shrug while eating some more.

"I'm off to bed. I wasn't able to go to sleep, not since I got off work." She yawned and went over to one of the bunk beds.

"You really going to sleep at a time like this?" Damarcus asked concerned.

"Brother...I know I haven't told you this yet but I'm pregnant." She pointed at her stomach. It was poking out a little bit.

Damarcus went silent for longer than expected. "You really got knocked up by....that guy?" He grumbled.

"I know you don't like him but he is my babie's father." She said with a sigh.

"Whatever." He walked over to the kitchen stove, trying to figure out what to prepare.

I just sat in silence. This was rather awkward but I didn't want to say anything. This was none of my business to begin with. I just dug into my pocket and pulled out the crystal stone.

I didn't realize how truly coloful it was until now

I didn't realize how truly coloful it was until now. The beauty of it was magnificent. I wish I knew why it was so important for me to get rid of it. I examined every feature of the stone. "So pretty" I whispered to myself. But then it began to heat up in my hand and I dropped it onto the side of the couch. It ended up burning a hole through it.

"Venus what the hell?" Damarcus said as he saw smoke starting to form.

"I'm sorry....the stone it just-"

"That thing seems dangerous." He grabbed a pair of tongs and used them to pick the stone up. He placed it inside of a steel box. "I don't know why you even have this or what it's for but it's staying in this box." He placed it inside then closed the box.

"But I-" Damarcus stopped me from talking. He placed his finger on my lips. I just looked at him. His eyes, I got lost in them for a moment.

A banging sound from the door we came through startled me. Damarcus reassured that it was nothing to be afraid about. He went back down the small hallway that led to the stairs. He was gone for a good couple of minutes.

I heard the chatter of some other voices coming back towards the room. Damarcus had four people behind him. Two looked like his parents and one I assumed Amina knew. The last person was another guy, I guess was his friend or something.

"Mom and Dad, meet Venus." I got up and smiled a little bit.

"How come it took for the world to be taken over for you to finally find a girlfriend???" His mother asked him.

"Mom what the hell? She's only a friend."

"Mhm. That's what you say about them all. It's nice to meet you sweetie." His mother shook my hand then went over to where Amina was laying.