19.

Runt walked back over to the others eyes lit up with a spark of hope.  He looked at Autumn then Branch and Thunder. He then sat down and began to tell them what he had found out from Lorienna. As he was speaking the others sat down listening with interest. After he finished speaking Autumn came up to him and pressed against him. It was at this point that Runt realized that he was shaking. He looked at Autumn then let out a small sigh before standing up and shaking out his fur.

"Lets go" Runt said, turning in the direction his sister had gone.

     The others agreed and stood up shaking out their fur as well and began to follow Runt into the forest. They walked for a while without pausing until all of a sudden Runt stopped. The others looked at him in surprise but waited for an explanation. But an explanation didn't come, instead Runt darted to the side. The others glanced at each other in confusion but followed nonetheless. Runt had darted into a little clearing and was heading into a little cave. Autumn was the first to follow, then Branch, and with a little bit of hesitation was Thunder who stayed at the back to keep watch behind them. When they reached the back of the cave Runt started to dig. The others watched him confusion evident in their expressions. After a while of digging he stopped still not saying anything. He then turned towards them and lay down. He rested his head on his paws and let out a long sigh. Then without speaking they all decided it was time to sleep.

     Runt woke up first and decided to go get some food for the others so he carefully wound his way around the others and walked out of the cave. When he stepped out of the cave he paused to breath in the crisp morning air. Then he set off to get food. After hunting for a while he came back with a large rabbit dangling from his jaws. He walked into the cave and put it down before going over to the others to wake them up. First he went over to Autumn, who was curled up with her paw over her nose, and nudged her gently with his nose. As she started to get up he went over to Branch and Thunder to do the same. Autumn slowly stood up and with a big yawn she shook out her fur. Then she stretched out her legs yawning again before noticing the rabbit sitting by the entrance of the cave. Autumn walked over to it and sat there watching Branch and Thunder wake up and join her. Once they had eaten they sat there a bit longer washing the blood from their faces and paws, then left the cave and followed Runt once more. 

     When they were out of the cave Runt started to sniff the ground then finding a scent he started off after in, with the others following in silence. They had been walking for a long time when Autumn cut in front of Runt stopping him in his tracks. He looked up at her in surprise and tried to get around her so they could keep going, but she kept in front of him until he sat down in defeat. While he was sitting there Autumn went over to Branch and whispered something to her quietly. Runt looked over at Thunder in confusion, and Thunder just shrugged. Then with a swish of her tail Autumn and Branch walked off side by side calling a warning to them to stay there. Runt looked at where Autumn had left then lay down waiting with his head on the ground watching. Thunder glanced over at Runt before also laying down to wait.