17

Runt ran across the river paws slapping the water sending water droplets flying into the air. Then he bounded over to Branch paws skimming the earth as he ran. Once he reached her he noticed that she was frozen staring at something. He followed her gaze to see streaks of blood on the leaves of a bush. As Runt was staring at the blood Thunder ran over skidding to a halt when he saw the blood. A few seconds later Autumn arrived panting slightly she froze when she saw the blood and went to Runt's side. Autumn pressed up against Runt and he was glad she was there as he sank to the ground. 

      They sat there for a while thinking about what to do next when all of a sudden Runt (who had been silent) got up and walked over to the bush then looked around. Suddenly Runt froze then bolted off into the trees. Quickly the others chased after him wondering where he was going when they saw him in a small clearing staring at the ground. They gathered around him and looked to see what he was looking at. On the ground there was scuff marks and blood so there had obviously been a fight. They all began searching around to see if they could find anything when they noticed the paw prints.

      There were paw prints that were from a wolf and there were giant ones from who knows what. They realized that whatever was fought Snap wanted to kill her. They followed the paw prints and trail of blood to a cliff where they stopped they looked around wondering where it could have gone when they heard a yelp coming from off the cliff. Runt was the first one to make it to the edge of the cliff the other three right behind him. They all looked off the cliff to see a fast moving river with a bunch of pointy rocks. Then they noticed that there was a trail of red smears on the rock leading down the river. They ran along the edge of the cliff following the trail with Runt in the lead until the ground disappeared beneath Runt's paws. Then Runt felt teeth grip his scruff and he got pulled to safety by Thunder.

       Once Runt was standing safely on the ground he looked over at where he fell. The ground fell away sharply and there were many pointy rocks at the bottom. Since they couldn't go that way they decided to keep following the ledge around. They followed the ledge for what seemed like forever then paused for a break so they could rest and eat. It was a very short break though because Runt wanted to keep going so they could find his sister. They kept walking along the edge until it started to turn then they took another short break. After that break they didn't stop until their paws were hurting and the sun had set. It was Autumn who had suggested stopping to sleep is she hadn't suggested it Runt wouldn't have stopped until he collapsed from exhaustion. The others fell asleep quickly but Runt couldn't sleep because he couldn't stop thinking about his sister. Eventually he slipped off into an uneasy slumber.