13.

The last one to guard was Autumn and She had just been sitting there watching the entrance when she heard a growl. She looked at Runt who was asleep bedside her then she heard another growl so she nudged Runt trying to wake him up.

"Wha?" Runt questioned sleepily.

"Shhh" Autumn whispered.

  Then they heard a much louder growl. Thunder and Branch had woken up to the growl. Runt and Thunder both stood in front of the girls trying to protect them from whatever entered the cave.

   All of a sudden a large grey wolf with scars covering it's face stepped in growling loudly. The four wolf pups back against a wall the males still blocking the other two. They edged along the wall trying to get to another tunnel so they could escape when Luna leapt in crashing into the grey wolf.

The two wolves were rolling, snarling, and biting each other. The pups ran into a tunnel with Branch in the lead. There were many twists and turns but they kept running until all of a sudden Branch stopped.

"Why are we stopping" Thunder asked sounding much braver than he felt.

"It's a dead end!!!!" Branch answered sounding very panicked.

"Let's go back and try and find another way" Thunder said Turing around.

   This time Runt was in the lead as they raced back until they almost ran into the grey wolf.

       Runt tried to back up but there was no room. All of a sudden Thunder leapt over Runt and bit the wolf's leg. Runt seeing that leapt forward and bit the wolf's other leg. All this did was make the wolf angry. He slammed the paw Runt was biting against the wall sending Runt headfirst into the wall. This had caused Runt to let go. Then  he did the same to Thunder but Thunder didn't let go so he did it again but as he was doing it Runt bit his leg really hard. Then he slammed Runt into wall harder until Runt got knocked out.