7.

Runt had been looking for a few days now and there was still no sign of them. Runt wondered where they could be. Then he smelled the wolf scent again. It was much closer this time. He followed the scent to a river where it disappeared.     

Runt smelled the air smelling a faint scent of wolf farther down the river on the other side. Runt looked at the river the current was strong and Runt couldn't swim across. Runt didn't know how he was going to get to the other side.

Runt explored along the edge of the river looking for something to help him get across. After a few minutes he spotted a log stretched across the river. He leapt onto the log and carefully made his way across. When he reached the other side he jumped off and looked around. He sniffed the air again trying to find the wolf. He quickly identified the scent of the other wolf and realized that he was much closer to the wolf than before. He set off at a quick pace in the direction of the wolf.

When it started to get dark out he stopped for a quick rest knowing that the other wolf couldn't run for ever and would have to rest as well. Runt was also very hungry so he quickly caught a squirrel and ate it. After eating he set up a quick bed for the night. Runt was really excited to be so close to meeting another wolf so he had a hard time falling asleep. As he was finally falling asleep he heard rustling in the bushes around him but he was too tired to give it a second thought.

___________________________

Hope you enjoyed and I'm sooooooo sorry for not updating regularly I've just been busy!