14.

When Runt got up he was in the clearing but he was hanging. He looked up to see he was in the mouth of the grey wolf. He stayed still hoping no one would notice that he was awake. He glanced around looking for Thunder just to see him limp in a reddish brown wolf's jaws. His right ear was torn and bleeding and his jaw was hanging at an odd angle. Then Runt noticed the pain.

His head was pounding and his right front paw was throbbing. He glanced down at it to notice them at it was twisted. Without meaning to he let out a whimper but when the grey wolf heard that he threw Runt against a tree knocking him out again.

     When Runt got up he was lying in the healing cave beside Thunder and a few other wolves Luna was there too just a heap of fur. There were herbs lying around. He sat up and looked around searching for Autumn and Branch. A few seconds later Autumn walked in. Runt tried to run over to her but his leg collapsed under him. He whimpered and was about to try again when Autumn ran over to him.

"Don't try and use your leg it's sprained." She said quietly.

    Runt sighed and gave up lying beside Autumn. She began to lick his fur soothing Runt until he fell asleep.

     When he got up again there was some food lying in front of him. Just looking at the food made his stomach growl so he quickly gobbled it up. Then he glanced around to see Luna sitting up. She had scratches on her face and many bite marks. She looked at Runt then asked.

"How are you feeling?"

"I've been better" Runt replied.

      Runt got up and tried limping to the entrance to the cave but the moment he tried to walk everything started spinning. He sat down and waited for everything to stop spinning before he tried again. This time he made it to the entrance.

    Runt limped out into the bright clearing and looked around hoping to see Autumn. Finally he spotted her coming from the forest. He slowly made his way over to her. When she noticed him she ran up to him.

"Runt you came out how's your paw is it feeling better?" she questioned tail wagging.

"Yes Autumn it's feeling much better" he replied.

Then Runt and Autumn both walked over to a tree and lay down side by side watching the sun set.