12.

It had been a month since Runt and Autumn had been brought to the pack and They had both totally healed. They were laying in the shade just watching the clouds when they heard a loud howl coming from somewhere in the forest.

He glanced over at Autumn to see her getting up. She had begun to walk towards the forest when they heard Winter say "Runt, Autumn come over here"

   They went over to Winter still curious about the howl.

"I want you two to get Branch, and Thunder then go to the healing cave with Luna be very quiet and listen to Luna okay?"

    They both nod and run off to go get Branch, and Thunder. After they get them they run to the healing cave. Once in the healing cave they waited for what seemed like forever.

All of a sudden they heard growling then they heard a loud thump. After that they just heard sounds of fighting. They had been waiting there shaking listening to the fighting when all of a sudden they heard a snarl coming from the tunnel.

"Into this tunnel now," Luna whispered standing at one of the many tunnels "Hurry!"

      The four young wolves ran into the tunnel with Runt at the front and Thunder at the back. The tunnel soon became dark so Runt had to slow down but they kept going.

    After walking for a bit they heard a yelp coming from behind them. Autumn whimpered softly and tried to get Runt to hurry up. Runt went a bit faster but ended up walking into a wall causing the rest of them to walk into him. Runt rubbed sore nose as everybody got back up.

     After a bit more walking and a lot more running into walls Runt finally saw light up ahead. Runt ran ahead to see that it opened up into another cave but this cave was much smaller than the healing cave. They all say down with Branch pressed up against Thunder, and Autumn pressed up against Runt.

     Thunder and Runt were both shielding the two girls from the tunnel that they came from. They sat there waiting and waiting for what seemed like an eternity. Eventually they slept taking turns guarding the entrance.