11.

When Runt got up he noticed he was in a large clearing with some wolves lying around. He started panicking when he didn't see Autumn right away. He quickly spun around searching for her.

As he spun around he became aware of a sharp pain in his right front leg. He glanced down at it to notice a few long scratches down his leg. He bent down to lick them when he noticed they were already cleaned.

    He decided to keep looking for Autumn so he stood up. He was about to start searching when he heard a yelp coming from somewhere to his left. He turned to look just to see a small opening on the ground a little ways away. He had begun to walk toward it when he heard a female voice.

   "He's awake he's awake!"

     Runt turned to see a small female pup not much smaller than himself staring at him from across the clearing. She bounded over to him but tripped and fell into a heap at his paws then quickly stood up acting like it never happened.

"Who are you?" Runt asked "Where am I?"

"I'm Branch," she replied "and you're in my pack's territory."

"Oh," Runt said "do you know where my friend is?"

"You mean that female wolf that got carried in with you?"

"Yes her."

"She's with Luna"

"Where?"  Runt questioned. "And who is Luna?"

"Luna is the wolf who heals us," Branch paused before adding " and I think they're in the healing cave"

"Healing cave?" Runt asked glancing around trying to see if there are any caves around but seeing none.

"I'll show you," she said as she walked away a bit before looking back over her shoulder at him "Come on slowpoke"

   Runt quickly followed her across the clearing. As they walked Runt noticed that there were many holes in the ground just like the one he had seen before.

"Hey Branch what are all these holes for?" Runt asked but she just ignored him and sped up a little.

     All of a sudden Branch stopped at the edge of a hole. There was a strong scent of plants and herbs coming from the hole. Runt looked at Branch confused.

"Go on get in there" Branch said rolling her eyes.

   Runt entered the hole to find out it led into a small tunnel that soon opened up into an underground cave that had holes in the wall that probably led to more tunnels. Sitting in the middle of the cave he saw Autumn and a black wolf talking.

As he stepped into the cave his paw moved a rock making a small noise. Having heard the noise the Autumn and the other wolf looked over at him.

"Runt!" Autumn yipped running over to him still favouring her injured paw. "You're awake"

     Runt pressed up against Autumn nuzzling her because he was so happy to see her. Then he heard

    "Hello you must be Runt"

    Runt looked over at the black wolf that had now stood up. He nodded "Yes I am Runt who are you?"

"I am Luna" the wolf replied.

"Well nice to meet you Luna but me and Autumn must be going now" Runt said

"No you should stay until your leg has healed fully" Luma said stepping closer.

"Please Runt can we stay please!!" Autumn said making her eyes big and innocent hoping that he would let them stay.

"Fine" Runt agreed with a wolfy smile.