18.

When Runt woke up the sun hadn't even begun to rise he yawned, stretched, and sat down then decided to keep watch for a while. When the sun began to rise  Runt decided to go hunting. When he got back the others were slowly starting to wake up. Runt went over to them, put the prey that he had caught down then waited for them to wake up. Once they had woken up and eaten they began to walk again. After a while they turned back towards the river and Runt started to speed up because he was getting excited. A while later they reached the river and began to walk along the cliffs edge. After walking for what seemed like forever the ground started to slope downwards towards the river.

     They slowly started their descent down to the river. After a while the terrain evened out and they were level with the river. Runt darted over to the river and began to sniff around for his sister's scent. They searched for a while when all of a sudden they heard a yelp. Runt ran over to where he heard the yelp and looked around then noticed a lump on the ground. It was a reddish brown wolf with a wiry build lying in a pool of blood. Runt looked at the wolf trying to figure out where the blood was coming from then he realized the wolf was missing it's tail. It looked like the tail had been bitten or torn off. Runt sat there in silence for a bit and was about to leave when he heard a whimper. He looked back to see the wolf was looking at him with dull brown eyes. Runt walked back over to it and sat down.

"Who are you?" Runt asked looking at the wolf that had now sat up and had begun licking it's wounds.

"I am Lorienna" The wolf replied. She looked back at Runt "and you are?"

"I'm Runt have you seen a brown wolf nearby?"

"Maybe I have, why do you ask?" She asked tilting her small brown head slightly.

"I'm looking for my sister"

"Well then I did see her but," she hesitated staring off into space.

"But, what?" Runt asked fear rising in his chest.

"She was being chased by something" She hesitated again.

"What, what was she being chased by?" Runt asked starting at her.

"A very large creature I don't know what exactly what it was" She shuddered.

"Besides I was too busy running away from it to get much detail" She added.

"Do you know what way she went?" Runt asked.

"Yes she went that way" She said tilting her head towards a path.

"Thank you I should go now" Runt said heading back over to the others to tell them what he had just found out.