16

Runt had walked back to the clearing with Autumn leaving the other two to hang out for a while longer. He glanced up at her unsure of what to do, he hadn't made a noise since he had smelled the scent. Runt was trying to think of why he recognized the scent for some reason he couldn't pinpoint it. He sat there thinking for a while before Branch came charging into the clearing Thunder hard on her heels. She skidded to a stop right in front of Runt then flopped to the ground panting. Thunder slowed to a stop and flopped down next to Branch. Runt looked at them then turned around and lay down still wondering why the scent was so familiar. Then Runt realized it had a similar scent to his own. 

"Could it be?" Runt muttered to himself quietly.

"What?" Autumn questioned looking at him.

"I think I know why I recognized the scent" Runt answered quickly standing up and beginning to pace.

"Why?" Autumn asked getting excited.

"I think it's my sister"

"Your sister?"

"Yes!'"

          Runt had begun to bounce around a bit from excitement when Thunder came over questioning why Runt was so excited. So Runt and Autumn and Runt started to explain but in the middle of it Branch came over.

"Runt why are you bouncing around you're gonna scare all the prey in the forest away"

        So Runt sat down and they began to explain again. Runt eventually calmed down enough to stop bouncing but he kept pacing. All of a sudden Runt froze eyes wide.

"What's wrong Runt?" Autumn asked looking over at him.

"Do you think she's okay we need to go find her" Runt replied worry clear in his voice.

         They quickly decided that they should help Runt find his sister so they ran over to where they had first scented her. From there they began to track her. A while later they collapsed in the afternoon heat exhausted and hot. They lay there for a while before Runt decided that they should keep going so they all reluctantly got up and kept tracking. A little bit later they came across a river where the scent disappeared so they stopped for a drink while they thought of what to do next. After a while they agreed on checking on either side of the river so Thunder and Branch made their way across the river to look on that side while Runt and Autumn stayed on their side to look. They searched for a while when all of a sudden they heard a howl from Branch.

"I found blood"