Chapter 32: Home?

Start from the beginning

"Hey grandma, is the food ready?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen, hanging my coat on the coat rack as I walk by. Grandma nodded her head and set a plate down for me to eat. "Enjoy." was all she said before leaving the room.

I didn't know where she was going, but I ate my breakfast in silence. Now, I just need to find a pocket knife or something so that I can take this guy/girl down, tonight.

When I finished eating I placed my plate into the sink before searching around for something sharp to use, no not for myself but for the person who is following me.

"Where could a pocket knife possibly be?" I said aloud, unaware someone had walked into the room.

"Why are you looking for a pocket knife?" I heard grandpa say from behind me, making me whirl around to face him. His arms were crossed over his chest and his look said he was puzzled.

I didn't know what to say at first but then he spoke again. "I'm kidding. I think everyone should have one to keep themselves safe, no matter where there at. Here." He said tossing me one out of his pocket. "Think of it as a family heirloom." and with that, he walked out the back door to continue with his garden. I blinked, thinking is this all real? Did my grandpa read my mind? I shook the thought away before leaving a note on the counter saying that I went to take a walk and I'd be back, hopefully, by 2.

I grabbed my coat once more before heading out the door. All I heard as I walked was the sound of birds tweeting and others chattering while walking. I also heard the sounds of my own feet as they clash with the white sidewalk.

Once I was a good amount away from my house I made a left turn into a vast area with a bunch of grass, also with a bunch of headstones. Another word it could be called is a cemetery. I stopped in front of my mom's grave for a bit and just listened. As I listened I heard footsteps coming closer and closer.

I quickly turned around and spotted the culprit. There in front of me stood Zach. I was flustered and confused and wanted to know why he was here and why importantly why was he following me. I pulled out the pocket knife my grandpa just gave me less than 10 minutes ago.

Zach threw his hands up in defending himself. "Lena put the pocket knife down. You don't want to hurt me." He said. I was still debating that.

I didn't put it away, but I did speak to him. "Why are you following me, Zach? Don't you realize that your father has ties to this place and knows who is in this town and who isn't? Why on earth would you come back to me, knowing you're in danger?" I shouted a bit at him.

He didn't say anything for a good solid minute, but then he responded. "Because, we need to know where Marcu's headquarters are at, and you're the only one that knows."

I looked at him for a moment, contemplating on what to say. "Zach, what about your mother? Don't you want her back? Being with me right now, is more dangerous than ever? Have you lost your fucking mind?" I shouted once more.

Zach began to laugh. He was laughing at me! "Zach, why the hell are you laughing at me? Don't you want you mother to be safe? Hmm?" I shouted angrily, no pissed, at him.

Once he stopped he came closer to me so that we were only a few feet apart. "My mother is safe at him. They did what they said they were going to do and let her go as soon as you were out of West Fields. Now we need to come up with a plan so that we can take Red Phoenix down for good. This is why we need to know where their headquarters are at because you're the only person who has been inside there other than Luke."

I looked at him, shocked. Diana is okay? The Red Phoenix did what they said they would do? My head began to spin with all the facts I've received. "What?" I said confused. Zach nodded his head.

"Yes, she is safe. We need to get you back home so that you can help us."

I shook my head. "This is my home, Zach," I told him.

He then looked at me, really looked at me. His green eyes looked into my brown ones. "No, it's not. Not truly. Sure you may have lived here most of your life, but your home is with Iza, Amy, Bret, Quinn, Alex, my mom," Zach said. He took my hands in his before saying one last thing. "And me. We need you, Lena, we all do. Please, come back home."

"Danger follows me no matter where I do. How can I know that all of you will be safe? I can't do that to you guys. Soon or later someone will end up dead like my mother because of me! I can't let that happen!" I said to him, tears were pouring out of my eyes. Zach took his thumb and whipped them away as they fell.

"Then we'll be with you every step of the way. No one will be hurt and one will die. Okay? Please, Lena." Zach begged.

I sighed before responding. "We have to go tell my grandparents, like everything. From the time I lived here to when I moved to West Fields, everything!" I told him. He nodded in agreement.

"What are we waiting for?" He asked before he began to pull me, hand in hand, back to my grandparents' house. I smiled at him as we walked. This is going to be a long talk.

Long talk.