~Chapter 13: Confrontations ~

Edited!

---------------------------

It has been 1 week since Zach's suspension, and we haven't talked once. Every time we've seen one another there are glares exchanged. Iza has tried to convince me that what he did was sweet and that he cares about me, but I ignore her pleas. I do not care whether or not what he did was out of the goodness of his heart, he still shouldn't have done it.

It is now Wednesday afternoon, and I was heading to the grocery store, one of the few times I was allowed to drive the car. I couldn't escape the house even having the car as it had a tracking device implanted so that no matter where it went, my father and Mack knew its location.

When I got to the store I ran into Diana. She and Zach are the two I wanted to avoid, Zach for the reason previously mentioned, and Diana because I know she'll ask questions and never quite believes my stories when I tell them. "Hey Lena, I haven't heard from you in a while nor has Zach said anything." She said stopping me in my tracks on the bread aisle.

"Oh, hey Diana, yeah me and Zach are not currently talking due to his suspension at the school last week. Let's just say we got off on the wrong foot." I told her honestly.

"Well, that explains your absence when I ask him how school has been." She said, "Do you know why he got suspended, dear?"

I sighed. Here we go. "Yeah, I do. I kind of witnessed the fight and everything." I told her.

"Lena, I do think that you guys should patch things up. Ever since you came into his life, he has seemed happier, and I do not want you guys, friendship to end over something childish." Diana said honestly.

I looked down at my feet. "Yeah, we will see," I said quietly. "Well, I've got to get going, my brother is waiting for me to get back."

"Ah yes, boys and their food. Go on dear, don't let me keep you here." I nodded my head and soon left the store with everything on the list my father requested that I bring home.

As I drove home, I thought about Diana and I's conversation. She seemed upset that Zach and I weren't talking anymore. I mean why would I make Zach happy, he doesn't even like me to begin with, especially not after that fight. It got me worried that she might say something to Zach about it, and I do not want to deal with him, I've already got too much on my plate with my family.

Before I pulled into the driveway, I noticed an unfamiliar car parked in it. Odd, I don't remember Mack or father mentioning having guests over at the house. I got the groceries out of the trunk and was bringing them to the front door when it swung open and out cam Mack. He snatched the bags out of my hands. He then stood in the doorway, not letting me pass.

"As you can see, we have guests over, which means you need to leave." He growled at me. "I don't care where you go, just get lost or there will be consequences." He then took the keys from my hands and shut the door in my face.

So not only is he kicking me out of our house, but I now have no mode for transportation, lovely. If I leave the house then I will get beaten by my father, but if I stay then I will get beaten by my father and my brother. "With either option, I lose," I whispered aloud.

I began my walk down the sidewalk and towards the main street of West Fields. As I walked, I began to thank of home. Home in Stormy Brook where I had friends and my grandparents where I could escape when things got too rough at home. Stormy Brook was my home where I knew I could find places to hide and they wouldn't come after me because it was much like West Fields, a small town where everyone knows everyone.