"Um?" I immediately let go. I wasn't sure what came over me. Before I could explain why I grabbed a hold of him, a bright light flashed outside. Screams echoed throughout the neighborhood.

The ground shook from the sounds of bombs being dropped. The guy quickly pulled me close to him. "What's going on?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." He replied. A frantic knock at the door made him walk over to answer.

"You guys have to get out of here!" One of neighbors whose head was leaking of blood shouted.

"What's going on?"

"Leave now! They are coming for all of us! Humanity will be gone before we know it!!" The neighbor ended up running away shouting the same thing over and over again.

We both walked out of the house to see fires forming left and right. The sky became eerily dark. Ships were floating all around, beaming lasers at different infrastructures, destroying everything in sight.

The air was instantly filled with the smell of burning wood and skin

The air was instantly filled with the smell of burning wood and skin. I couldn't believe my eyes. We were under attack by Aliens. People were running frantically, forgetting they even has cars to travel in.

"We have to get out of here!" The guy quickly took a hold of my hand and began to run. My mind was all over the place. I wasn't sure what was happening right now.

"Wait I can't leave!" I yanked my hand out of his and stopped running.

"Do you not see this shit? We are under attack girl!"

"First of all, my name is Venus and second I cannot leave without that rock." He looked at me confused. I quickly ran back in the direction where my house was. I knew he was going to follow after me.

~~

I quickly ran upstairs into my room and searched around. I forgot where I had put it. What I do remember is someone telling me to get rid of it. I don't remember his name.

"What the hell are you looking for Venus?"

"A crystallized rock. I feel the nature of it pulling me but I cannot find it." The ground began to tremble again and the sights of fires was getting closer to the neighborhood.

"Hurry up! We don't have much time!" The guy yelled at me.

"Stop yelling and I will! " He sighed and shook his head. A couple of minutes went by before I remembered where I had placed it. The rock was in a box I had kicked under my bed.

"Venus..." The guy said. I ignored him and went under my bed to find the box. "Got it!"

"Good now let's go." I nodded and he took my hand again. We ran as fast as we could.

We stopped once we reached the inner city. Massive amounts of people were crowding around here. Everyone was in a frenzy.

"My name is Damarcus by the way." He said to me.

"Nice name."  He just shrugged.

As we were manuvering our way through empty spaces in between the crowd, a huge robot looking machine came walking down the road

As we were manuvering our way through empty spaces in between the crowd, a huge robot looking machine came walking down the road. It began shooting at buildings, causing smoke to rise. People began to cough and scatter.

Unfortunately, we were closed off by an army. We couldn't see their faces because they wore mask. They didn't look like aliens but there bodies resembled a lot like humans.

"We are trapped." I whispered to Damarcus.

He looked around the crowd of people. He searched until he spotted someone he knew I guess. We quickly and swiftly made our way to where he was focused on.

"Don't ever scare me like that again Damarcus

"Don't ever scare me like that again Damarcus. " A girl said. She pulled him into a hug. I looked away. "Whose this?"

"Someone I met on the way. Venus, this is my sister Amina."

"This is not the time for greetings idiot. We are in the middle of an alien invasion right now." She slapped Damarcus on the back of the head. I let out a small laugh.

"Geez...abusive much."

"Shut up cry baby." Amina rolled her eyes.

"Do you remember what Dad told us when this day would come?"

"Barely. You know I don't pay attention."

As they were talking, I watched as the aliens began separating people into groups. I could vaguely hear the voice of the one who was in command of the army.

"Do not and I repeat do not harm any of these humans, we need them healthy. I do not want any spoiled or rotten food."

"Food????" My eyes grew big and chills were sent down my spine. They came here to eat us?

I continued to watch as they separated everyone. The children were pryed sway from their parents and if they thought about moving, they were killed.

"We have to get out of here." I heard Amina say.

One of those soldiers looked awfully familiar. His grey dreads sparked something inside of me. "Jah...Jah..." But it wouldn't come out. I couldn't say his name. When I did, I felt a small zap surge through my body.

"Ow..." I whispered to myself. The source of the pain came mainly from my neck. I felt around and there was something in that spot.

"What's wrong Venus?" I heard Damarcus ask.

"Nothing...Can we get out of here?"

They both nodded. I followed them as they left before the soldiers can get to where we were standing. I took one last look back. "Jah...Jah..." Again I felt that pain hit me instantly. I just knew it was him, I could fee it. Although there was something different about him.

That dream was real. I knew I wasn't going crazy. But what happened to him? Every time I tried to think back to the events that happened it was either a blur or some made up memory formed in my mind.

Vote & Comment 👽💗