CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Mike stepped into the Levesique mansion with his hair packed up into a bun. It had been three weeks into school now and his relationship with Anna was still going swift and great.

  So he decided that tonight he'll take her out personally to the ball that his mother was holding at the Saturn Rooms.

  His suit was black with the crest of the White Rose on it. He had gotten it as a gift from Anna's mum and now he was wearing it as an honour. "Anna!" He called as he rested against the wall "The ball started twenty minutes ago."

  Anna appeared in a black dress matching his suit. She placed a kiss on his cheek before adjusting his tie. "And we are fashionably late. It's not a wedding, darling, unless you want one too."

  Mike's cheeks turned red. "Don't say that."

  She frowned mockingly. "Honey, you're too shy. Let's go." She pulled him by his collar and Mike followed her without a problem.

  They drove in silence for a few seconds until Anna brought up Fred. "How's he doing with the girls Max introduced him to?"

  Mike smirked. "He hasn't called any back apart from a girl named Kelly. Supposedly she's very real who was forced to come along."

  Anna giggled. "Sounds like his type exactly."

  Mike felt uneasy by the question but he still asked. "How bout Vonn? I heard you still talk to him."

  "He wanted to keep talking only on the friendship level." Anna explained "And I didn't see anything against it. So we still chat, don't you too?"

  Mike shrugged. "It's normal for us now. It's good, instead of us to be arguing like kids."

  Anna smiled. "I'm guessing it's good."

  Mike parked in his private spot and opened the door for Anna. "My dear." She winked as she rubbed his chin "Thank you."

  She crossed her arm into his. "Let's go. I bet Wills and Kim are probably wondering whether we even came."

  Mike opened the door to the back entrance. "It won't be bad if we didn't come to be honest. I miss you and me with the lights off."

  She blushed. "Damnit, Mike! You know how you get to me!"

  He smiled and pressed her to the wall before running his hand up her thighs. "And you know I can't control myself around you."

  She kissed him as she slipped her arms around his neck forcing him to deepen it.

  This was normal now. And it occasionally just appeared out of the blue, but neither of them cared. They enjoyed this show of affection to one another and they loved the fact that this was how they reminded themselves. With emotions that can only be translated with this.

  He lifted her off the ground and his lips threatened to go much lower but Wills cough brought them back. "You people need to learn to get a room. And we're late."

  Mike lowered Anna to the floor and turned to his friend. "I think you could have called instead."

  Wills scoffed and adjusted his glasses. "With how extreme it was going at I bet it would be drowned in your..." He didn't complete the sentence "Anyways, let's go."

  Mike and Anna followed Wills into the Ball room which was now full of faces who all knew them but the couple didn't know them.

  Fred had already secured a table for all of them and beside him was Kelly who laid her head on his shoulder, she was taller than Anna and had long black hair which fitted her tanned skin. She also looked like she had a bored expression on which was also on Fred's face as well.

  Mike turned to Wills. "Can't see Max."

  "He's not one for formalities." Wills reminded him "He and Daisy are out bowling last time I checked. So it's just us six, then after we can go home."

  Mike pulled out a chair for Anna. "Get comfortable. Supposedly we're meant to be to be here because my Dad might call on us for a dance."

  Kelly rose a brow. "Damn, it sounds like a middle-age film scene."

  Anna sighed. "Well I am a princess. It's inevitable."

  Kim turned to Wills. "Thank God we don't go through that."

  Mike looked up to the center of the room were his mother was now walking up to. She had a wicked smile on which scared Mike a bit but he didn't show it on his face.

  "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the annual Saturn Rooms ball. Last year was a great because we secured a deal with a very unique fashion company. White Rose, and we made relationship with the Levesique family, so starting the dance is my handsome son and their beautiful Daughter, Michael Roland and Annabelle Levesique."

  The crowd clapped as they rose from their seats and approached the dance floor. They got into the position and began swaying to the soft music of the violin and piano.

  "Don't step on me." Mike whispered to her as he stepped back "Oh, please," she said rolling her eyes "I'm born to be elegant. You are like a rusty gear straining to move to my skills."

  Mike's lips made a grin. "Aren't you confident?"

  She struck a pose. "Try me."

  As if that sent a vibe the violinists picked up the pace creating a fast beat that took the people by suprise but just Mike's smile widen as he and Anna's strides quickly turned to a tango.

  Wills eyes widened. "Oh shit. They're really going crazy there." Kim pulled him "Williams, you're Italian! And you're watching this!"

  Something snapped in Wills mind as her words reached his ears. With a swift motion he pulled off his glasses and hung his suit on the chair. "Kimberly, time to dance."

  Mike noticed the new couple that had now began to dance next to them. "Anna, our throne has been challenged."

  Anna giggled. "Then let's do something fun."

  As they continued to dance more and more people joined them and soon the music was hidden in the sound of feet hitting the floor at a sequence that appeared out of nowhere.

  The dance lasted for a straight hour and even though their faces were bathed in sweat the smiles they had on allowed them to forget their worries.

  As soon as the music stopped everyone clapped for a long time before Mike's mother's voice broke through it. "Well, that was a wonderful dance and we all owe it to Michael and Annabelle. Please go to your seats for other activities because we still have a fashion run by White Rose!"

  The crowd cheered as they went back to their chairs.

  Mike and the others sat back down and laughed. "Wills, were did you get the rose?" Fred asked "I thought I'll never see that scene in my life."

  Wills grinned. "Spotted it on my to the dance floor. It made it look original."

  Mike took a sip from the glass a man had handed over to him. "Yeah, but I'm beat. Anna?"

  Anna nodded in agreement. "I think I want to retire for the night too. We'll see you guys later."

  Mike made the drive to Anna's mansion quick but the kiss they had on the porch was long and nice.

  She pulled back breathing heavily. "Okay, Mike, good night."

  Mike grinned. "Come on, let's continue."

  She shook her head with a smile on. "I really want to, but I'm exhausted. Good night, honey, make it home safe."

  Mike groaned as the door closed in his face. "Fine."

  He drove back home and stepped out of the car but as he laid his eyes on Sidney his movements slowed and he suddenly dropped to the asphalt completely unconscious.