CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

Heart beating.

  Music playing.

  Laughter from guests around them.
As Mike's tried to concentrate on the cutlery in his hands.
He also tried to understand how in God's name did he get himself into sitting with Anna at the highest balcony of Saturn Rooms.

  **********20 HOURS EARLIER***************

  As Mike asked Marnie the question all the heads beside them turned to show Wills, Max, and Owen with grins all around. "Oh how the mighty have fallen." Max said and Mike's eyes widened "Wait, you guys are here?"

  Owen pulled off the benie. "You think we'll let you go if you acted like a prick? We all sat here to see the end of it."

  Marnie smiled. "Wills planned it. But Fred is still with the issue of Sarah and their parents."

  Nathan's hand rested on Mike's shoulder. "And until then we're going to help you." He looked at Wills "So what's the plan?"

  Wills cleaned his glasses and cleared the glass of water on the table. "It's simple. Firstly Mike here asks out on a date."

  Mike reached for his phone. "I can tell her to meet me somewhere." Nathan slapped Mike's hand away and swiped the phone stepping back.

  "Hey." Mike protested reaching for it "What's the big deal?"

  "You're going to talk to her in person." Marnie told him getting his attention back to her "That's the best way to ask a girl out."

  Mike turned to Wills. "You're not serious."

  "It's simple." Max said rising from the chair and streching his hands up as if to hold a person's hand. "You look into her eyes, lick those lips of yours, then say "Annabelle Deer Levesique...will you marry me?"

  The stupid example got him a knock from Nathan.

  Mike sighed. "Okay, fine. I'll go ask her to dinner or something. It can't be that hard."

  If only that were true...

  The next day which was a free day Mike, Wills, and Nathan were driving to the Levesique mansion in Nathan Ford. As the car pulled up at the gate they both turned to Mike, "Alright, we'll sit here and wait for your ass. Make it quick."

  Mike shrugged and stepped down. He approached the door and knocked to hear the twins in union. "What's the password?"

  Mike frowned. "Excuse me?"

  "Come on Mr." Perry said "It's the name of her favorite color."

  Mike opened his mouth to mouth to speak but when he realized he had no idea what it was it closed.

  "Perry, Clarence," Anna called, "Go do your homework."

  The twins groaned and left the door way for Anna to open.

  As he laid eyes on her his heart suddenly started to rise again. Like the amusement park everywhere suddenly became hot. He pulled his sleeves as he studied her suprisingly skimpy dressing.

  Her brow rose as she noticed his uneasiness. "Mike, are you okay? I'm right here. Do you want to come in?"

  Not happening.

  Mike shook his head and met her eyes."No. No, not at all. I just came to see you..." Lost at words again. Now at all times.

  Anna twisted her hair with her finger. "That's nice of you...considering the thing I did that day."
Mike shook his head quickly. "No! It's not like that. I came to...um...I'm wondering if you're free tonight so we can talk over something like...dinner?"