CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.

Mike's eyes opened to the sight of Halls looming over him with his tongue hanging out.

  "Buddy?" He said confused as he rose from the mat, "When you get here?"

  "Your Butler dropped him off earlier." Wills told him as he turned back to him. "Now get your ass up, it's eleven A.M."

  "Yeah." Max agreed as he came into view. He was wiping water off his hair. "What exactly did you do last night?"

  "Nothing." Mike said a bit to quickly but no one pushed the subject further. "Whatever, mate." Max told him "There's still some hot water, I suggest you use it."

  After his shower he stepped out of the bathroom then turned to Anna who handed him a shirt. "You finally decided to wake up."

Mike placed a kiss on her head before putting on the shirt. "Well I treated you like a queen, didn't I?"

  A pillow wacked the side of his head and he turned to see Anna completely flustered. "May I remind you I'm still kinda knew to that kind of affection! Don't bring it up every thirty seconds!"

  Mike laughed a bit then placed his hands beside her to lean in a bit. "I lasted much longer than that, princess."

  Anna wished to speak but they turned to see Wills looking at them. "As much as I'm enjoying this scene, I have to say it's quite weird. Come eat lunch, Daisy's cooking."

  They sat on the table with the rest. Max got extra since it was his girlfriend and the rest got a good taste of bacon, sausages, toast, and fried egg.

  Mike looked up at Wills. "So what are we doing today?"

  Wills shrugged. "Didn't have a plan, honestly."

  Kim sighed. "I thought you dealt with that." Wills turned to her "You're forgetting you took most of my time."

  "Okay." Max said before things got awkward "Why don't you let Anna decide?" Anna frowned, "Me? Why me?"

  "We're kind of randomizing, Anna." Daisy told her as she carried the plates off the table "So why don't you do the same?"

  Anna looked around trying to brainstorm as she did. She wasn't used to this. The open land and tall trees weren't something that princess's were necessarily opened to, she was into fashion.

  A sweat rolled down her neck but as she felt his hand land on hers she turned to see Mike smiling at her. "Hey, anywhere is okay. As long as we're together."

  Anna nodded. "Alright. We're going to the hills."

  Mike shivered by her request and she noticed. "What? You said anywhere."

  It's not your fault." Wills assured her "It's the case of last year when he almost burnt down the forest."

  Max snickered. "Now that was a dumbass day."
************1 YEAR AGO**************

  Mike, Wills, Max, and Fred were lumbering up the hill side with sweat rolling out of every pore on their body.

  "Mate," Fred called from the back "This was a motherfucking stupid idea."

  "You could use it." Wills told him "You're getting fat."

  Max looked up at the blazing sun. He can't believe he had gotten himself into this mess. He could have been at home with Sidney rather than walking up this massive hill. "I think I would have preferred a lads night out with bottles of wine at the Saturn Rooms bar."

  "You guys never go out to nature." Wills complained
"That's the problem. You'd rather have your money wasted on one crazy expensive date rather than carry a blanket and law on the grass to watch the stars."

  Max scoffed. "At least the date would have an air conditioner, or at least some signal."

  "Rely on your instincts." Wills told him "And remember that we have to find a good place to stay so let's hurry."

  Wills forged ahead and the others groaned. "He's lost it." Fred decided.

  "Are you sure we can't find our way back, lad?" Max asked Mike who shook his head "Knowing him he's probably turned the lanes so badly we'll need him to show us the way back."

  They eventually got to a small field of grass. They set up their equipment then all sat around the fire talking.

  "I'm beginning to like this idea." Max said as he looked down at the bottle by his feet.

  "There's literally no use of getting drunk in these conditions." Wills said but Max snickered still "I'm already tipsy, lad, it's too late for me."

  Fred sighed. "You're crazy." He looked at Mike who was staring into the fire "You with us?"

  Mike nodded not turning from the flames. "I am. Just thinking about Sidney and shit."

  Max patted his back. "I don't know whether I should dislike these changes or not but it's good to see that you have a heart."

  Wills got up then looked up at the night sky. "I think it's a good time to turn in. I'll kill the fire."

  They entered each other's tent and laid in their sleeping bag.

  Mike's eyes closed for a brief moment. The wind helped him feel better in the tent but the wind also carried a sound. The sound of ruffling.

  Mike got up and grabbed the torch by his side before slowly stepping out.

  Everyone was in their tents and the fire was out, but the moonlight seemed to be casting a shadow across the ground, a huge shadow, and Mike screamed the second he saw it.

  "RACCOON!"

  Wills' eyes flew open at the sound of Mike's shriek. "Oh fucking hell! Fred grab him!"

  Fred ran out to see Mike shivering as he looked down at the furry creature who had a piece of meat in its jaw. "Stay...stay away from me!"

  He flipped out a lighter and Max appeared beside him at a distance. "Lad! It's a fucking raccoon! It's not a bear!"

  "That son of a bitch bit me and stole my lunch back in elementary school! They're evil!"

  Wills saw the opportunity and charged at Mike reaching for the lighter but it was too late as it was already falling towards the ground.

  2 HOURS LATER.

  The forest gaurd looked down at the teenagers covered in soothe. "Let me get this straight, you threw a lighter at a raccoon and ended up burning half the forest up, losing your phones in the process so we weren't informed, and then your uncle you drove up to leave you to grab us."

  They all looked at each other before looking turning back to the gaurd and nodding. "Yes, that's about it."

  The man sighed. "I should retire."

*********************************************

  All the girls had tears rolling down their cheeks from hard laughter and Mike just sat there with a frown on his face.

  "You haven't been attacked by one of those things." He complained crossing his arms across his chest "You didn't have to go through the issue of hospital for a week."

  "You demanded that part." Max said as he sipped his tea, "And the doctor told you on your arrival that you'll be good. You were just scared."

  Anna pressed her head into his chest. "Don't think I can ever forget that story."

  Mike groaned.

  I'm definitely never going to hear the end of this...

  Wills looked outside. "Well, at least they're different fire hydrants around. So let's go for a walk now, it's a great day."

  They got out of the garage and began to journey up the forest keeping a path.

  "Raccoons." Anna whispered "Stop it." Mike said rubbing his temple and she laughed sliding her hand into his. "Hey, you know it's not your fault entirely. I'm afraid of goats."

  "Heard that!" Max announced and Daisy slapped the back of his head "Pay attention to me."

  Mike pulled her back. "Hey, I never finished that tour with you." Anna frowned "Is that something to bring up now?"

  "You'll love it." Mike promised "Tonight. You and I are rolling out."

  LATER THAT DAY.

  Mike looked around. Everyone was asleep.

  "Anna," he whispered into her ear "Wake up."

  "I am awake." She answered groaning and rising off the sleeping mat. "I couldn't sleep when you said I'll love it. Faking sleep is hard."

  Mike got off the ground and lifted her too. "Let's go. It's across the lake."

  They snuck out the garage and made their way across the lake from the quicker route. As they got there Anna frowned because she didn't see anything special. "Mike, if this is for getting back at me for the raccoon thing I'm very sorry."

  Mike laughed. "Like I'll hold that shit." He pulled a lighter and she instantly shrieked. "Damnit, Mike! I don't like jokes like this."

  Mike moved the lighter and candles illuminated the table they were placed on. On the table was a bottle of champagne, glass cups, and a beat pill at the edge.

  "You don't take romantic dates by a lake?" He said with a risen brow "Damn, guess this is all a waste."

  Anna sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck to place a kiss on his lips. "You are both crazy and cute."

  Mike grinned. "I'll take that as a compliment."

  They sat down and Mike poured the champagne into the glasses and then touched the pill to begin playing some soothing music.

  "Have I unlocked the soft side of Roland Arnold Michael?" She asked with a smirk.

  "Maybe." He agreed as he lifted his glass "I'm thinking this would be our own spot. Our own place. The roof top is in the past and you and I are something I'm willing to try. I need you."

  Anna placed her hand on his. "Raccoon."

  "Roland."

  "Roland," she corrected with a snicker. "You shouldn't be so scared us. I mean, I know we just started-ish and any average girl would be frightened by this. You don't have the best track record, you're signed as troublesome from the principal, and you don't exactly have anything to hold on to. And you need to know that I too need someone to hold on to."

  Mike looked into her eyes. "I'll always be here."

  "I know you would." She smiled "So, raccoon, is it fun to be called an animal."

  Mike frowned realizing it was pay back from the roof top. "No, no it's not."