CHAPTER 13. - The audacity of a lawyer

Start from the beginning

The lilies were done in a few minutes, carefully wrapped in extra tissue paper and cellophane just in case, and tried not to make big movements with them, not to distribute their pollen even more in the shop. Now I know he is allergic to them, I just don't know why he keeps getting them?

Abruptly there was a sound of rapid knocks on the door. I looked up realising, I forgot to open the door. Gosh, what a moron I am.

I walked quickly to the door with the keys and quickly open it. He was standing there, his face showed no emotion.

"Good morning!" - I greeted him and stepped aside to let him in.

He murmured something as a response and he stepped inside the shop.

I was staring in awe of him. He was gorgeous.

His musky smell is wafting over to my nostrils as he passed me, and my blood is starting to rush into certain places that it shouldn't this early hour of the morning

His musky smell is wafting over to my nostrils as he passed me, and my blood is starting to rush into certain places that it shouldn't this early hour of the morning. He looks edible...

I mean, he looks really dashing in his dark suit, pristine white shirt and his  matching tie, sporting a Windsor knot. He looks masculine, like an elegant black panther, he glides through the door and walks into my domain.

I ignore the feeling in my lower anatomy for now and follow him inside to the counter where he came to a stop, with hands in his pockets casually.

"He doesn't seem to be very communicative today." - I think in myself, because he didn't return my greeting. I move behind the counter to get the bouquet for him, in the meantime, I try to pull myself together, and actually, talk to him.

"Are you all right?" - I risk the question that was on the tip of my tongue since the moment I noticed his face was so motionless and it made me worry for some reason.

"Should you not worry about other things than my welfare?" - he snapped at me suddenly.  I cowered under the tone of his voice. So much for trying to be nice to him. Although it seemed like an eternity I managed to compose myself and took the lilies in my hand. Fine, two can play that game!

"Here is the bouquet that you requested. Hope you like it." - I said and I held out the flowers in my outstretched hand. I made sure to brush my fingers with his when he took it from me.

The exact moment when our fingers touched, firecrackers went off in my body and I got insanely hot, that I thought I might just spontaneously  combust.

"He has to feel this too, he has to be an iceberg not to feel this heat in our body." - the thought ran through my mind while Cairo tried to hold the bouquet as far as he could from his body without looking awkward.

He looked too adorable to be awkward.

He seemed to be unfazed by the events or he hid his emotions so well, I couldn't read him at all. All I could see was his brooding and gruesome face.