20

Angie

"Oh booger, I love it! I love it! I love it!" Hayden squealed.

I took a picture of her posing with her plush doll and leather jacket over her shoulders.

Before I knew it I was tackled by Hayden and laid on the floor her hovering over me.

She looked beautiful up close , i had never noticed.

I think I stared at her lips for too long.

"Open yours now", she said reaching over to grab my gift and placing it next to me.

She sat on the floor right in front of me.

I sat up and grabbed the gift.

Just as I did, Hayden used a ton of tissue paper.

I reached in and pulled out two ed sheeran hoodies, she knew how much i loved him.

shawn and i would blast his music in the mornings in his classroom.

I smiled widely, and reached to hug her but she stopped me..

"There's more."

I reached back in and pulled out an envelope.

"Read that while you are heading home."

I nodded and stood up as she had, i then pulled her into a tight hug and she didn't hesitate to hug me back.

-

The day to leave had come sooner than I had wanted it to.

I stared at the duffle bag that was set by my door.

I was wearing one of the hoodies Hayden had bought me, black jeans, and my black vans slip ons.

I was waiting for Hayden, she was giving me a ride to the train station in the city.

She had offered to give me a ride home but she is from North California and I'm from further south, around LA.

I checked once more, I was taking a small backpack with me on the train, small essentials that i could have easy access to.

earphones, portable charger, water, some candy, and Hayden's letter.

"Lets go booger!!!!" Hayden yelled out, earning loud groans from the girls still on campus.

I giggled and grabbed my bags.

"And you wonder why I am your only friend" I say.

"I don't wonder, I know exactly why." She said and laughed again.

Hayden opened the car door for me.

"I think it's quite cool, that you are taking the train." She said, making a turn.

"Have you never been on the train before?" I asked and she shook her head.

Hayden dropped me off at the train station, we hugged and said our good byes,

"I am really sorry" she whispers as i pull away from the hug,

"What for?" I ask.

"Bye Ang."

I am not going to lie that kind of scared me, I brushed it off. I assumed that it was because she could not give me a ride home which was absolutely fine, I could probably benefit from the alone time. 

I sat on the hard wooden benches until they annonced that my train was here. I almost felt nauseous when I thought about going home.

The train was cold, I am so glad I brought a sweater. Hayden is so sweet, which reminded me about the letter.

I take it out my bag and open the envelope..

"Dear Angie,

  What's up kid? Merry Christmas. If I am being honest this isn't a Christmas letter, There is something I have to tell you. I know you know I like you, I really do. As a matter of fact I like you so much, I haven't told anyone this but.. I know about you and Mr. Mendes...."

My stomach sank. I froze. I didn't know what to do. I continued to read..

"...and well one day out of anger I was storming around campus because I couldn't understand why you didn't like me back. I was so angry that I emailed Mr. Mendes telling him that I knew and that you had told me that you were going to the authorities about it. I know that it was wrong but I was getting desperate because all I want is you. SO, now that is done with, no one can get in our way, we can finally be together

Yours.

Hayden"

I didn't know how to feel, was I scared? Was I mad? Maybe an unhealthy mix of both.

What was I supposed to do? My first instinct was to call her, That was the only thing that I could think of.

A few minutes and many unanswered calls later, my mixture of sadness and fear turned into rage.

I only had one more option.

to call shawn...

First ring... Second ring.. Third ring.. and then.. 

.

.

.

Hello everyone, 

So, wow I cannot believe it's been a year since I last update. Thank you to everyone who has continued to tell me to update. I am so sorry it took so long. I wasn't sure if I wanted to restart this book because I feel like the beginning was so rushed. I cannot believe how much the book has grown though when I stopped writing it only had about 3k reads and now we are close to hitting 55k reads. I cannot thank you guys enough. Let me know what you guys think, y'all know feedback is always welcomed.

lots of love,

l