17

Angie

I am not sure what was louder, my sobbing or the cars passing by.

I didn't want to mess this up, but I couldn't help it.

I knew that part of me was right, that we were moving too quickly.

and I hate the fact that I was right.

I knew that I had serious doubts about this relationship,

and now because of my dumbass,

he knows too.

I wasn't sure what to do,

and i didn't know whether it was because of the fact i felt numb and shattered or because I wasn't sure how he was doing or where I could go.

I ruined the only good thing in my life.

I took a deep breath before getting out of the car, just like shawn did.

I made my way to the front door and opened it cautiously.

When I was sure, that Shawn wasn't in the living room, I grabbed my phone that was on the coffee table, I had left it there the first night I had gotten here.

to my surprise there was still 10% and about 30 notifications

most of them were from, hayden.

a couple were from my grandparents who paid for me to go to boarding school, asking me where I was since the school had called and reported that I had left.

Before I answered, I carefully tip toed to shawn's bedroom door, pressing my ear softly against it,

i could hear very light snores.

I made my way to the kitchen where Shawn left his charger and plugged in my phone.

I decided the answer my grandparents first, I let them know that I had decided to take a trip with my friends and that I didn't answer due to terrible reception.

I sighed and put my phone down, i then rested my head in my hands.

I really didn't want to stay here any longer, I didn't want to fix things, at least not now.

I know we both need time.

I grabbed my phone and opened Hayden's text messages.

Hayden: Hey dude, wanna hang out?
Hayden: Bro I thought you said you weren't leaving.
Hayden: Is this about what happened between us?
Hayden: so i finally realized you aren't on campus.
Hayden: i miss you. come back.

I smiled at the last one. I then began to type.

me: hey, um do you think you can pick me up?

I know that hayden has a car, she just wasn't allowed to use it during school semester, unless it was during the weekend but even then there was a curfew of like 7pm.

hayden: yeah, where are you?

I thanked god that she didn't ask any questions.

I wasnt sure where I was nor did I want her to show up at shawn's house, so I turned to my maps app and sent her the address of a bus stop down the road.

hayden: okay, see you in like 40 min.

Just as I had suspected when I got to shawn's house leaving would be heartbreaking.