8

Angie

The next few weeks went by and soon enough it was finals week. Which meant that after this week we had 3 weeks off.

Volleyball season had ended and well .. we sucked, and we all knew why! The girls cared more about impressing Shawn than trying.

Shawn and I, were still together. These past couple of months have been pretty boring in our relationship. We never kissed anymore, I haven't gone to hang out with him in morning in a while and i don't have practice anymore so I don't see him after school either.

The only reason I know that we are still together, is because of the small talk every so often.

I was currently taking my art final, but I felt the need to go pee , so that's where I'm heading.

"Angie." I heard, and I turned to see Shawn walking towards me.

"Oh hey." I say, awkwardly smiling and looking around to see if anyone was around.

There were two girls that walked past me and Shawn and looked at him for a little too long, I glared at them and turned to see Shawn smirking.

"What?" I say, resting my hand on my hip.

"Jealous much?" He asks , his smirk making my stomach do flips. It was moment like this that reminded me of that spark that we had.

"Whatever, Mendes. If you'll excuse me, I have to pee." I say, turning around to walk away.

But before I can, he wraps his arms around my waist, turns me around, and kisses me.

"Shawn, you know we can't" i say, quickly pulling away.

"I should go." I say, making my way into the restroom.

-

That night, I stayed awake the guilt of just pushing Shawn away, was eating me alive

I hate having to be the one that always kills the fun.

That's when my phone buzzed.

babyboy: I'm sorry, about today.

me: it's okay.

babyboy: I just feel like we have been drifting apart lately.

me: yeah same here.

babyboy: We will get through this, right?

I turned my phone off and turned the lights off and laid in my bed, I laid in silence, until I fell asleep.

-

The next day, was the last day of finals.

My only final left to take was Shawn's.

I was not looking forward to being stuck in his class for 2 hours, especially after yesterday.

I took my seat and began to chip my nail polish off as I waited for the bell, I had walked in early enough to be early but late enough for him not to be able to start a proper conversation.