Chapter 24

"What did you say?" My voice shook with terror. If he knows, Wiggy has to! There's no doubt about it. I gulped down the bite and didn't take another. Gustav did the same beside me. I instinctively dropped his firm grasped hand.

"Don't worry, it's only me." That lifted some weight off my shoulders, but I was nowhere near close to relief.

"How did you find out?" Gus interrogated this time around, visibly leaning over the table a tad.

"I couldn't sleep so I went to hang out with you guys but when I got there I saw Clea's boobs and trucked it back to bed where my innocent eyes would bleed all night."

"You're hardly innocent." Gustav mentioned, "But you saw her boobs?"

"Yes."

"Can we not do this right now?" My cheeks were red with embarrassment.

"Too late." Peep interrupted my suggestion. "They're pretty nice, aren't they?"

"Gustav! Stop!" I whined.

"You should be saying thank you for the compliment he just gave." Wicca said. I stood and put my plate in the dishwasher.

"I'm not doing this with you two."

"Don't leave." I headed toward the front door and they jumped up from their seats to follow.

"You're not on a leash. I didn't think I had to tell you that."

"I am." Gustav said.

"No you're not, don't be stupid." They followed me outside.

"Where're we going?" I barely heard the question. My gaze was glued to the scenery outside the home's walls. Flakes of pure white snow floated down to the ground from the clouds above like the leaves had in my dream about Gustav and me. I pulled the door open and dry air rushed through my nostrils. I accepted it and felt a familiar feeling. The Christmas season is on its way.

Stepping out onto the lawn, I looked up, Ice crystals kissed my freckles and stuck to my eyebrows and eyelashes. "This is amazing. It's so beautiful out here." White ice blanketed the neighborhood in heaps and the sun reflected off of it, blinding my pupils. Gus slinked his hand into mine. Wicca gawked.

"Does this happen every year?"

"Yes." I giggled, used to the scene but still in awe and wonder. "Have you never experienced this?"

"No." He shook his head. "It's too humid in California."

"Well, it's just fine here." Was my retort.

"Isn't this the state where it snowed in September last year?" I nodded my head. That's how everyone remembers Michigan.

"That, it did."

"So, it isn't fine."

"Okay, you win." I flashed a smirk and groaned. Suddenly, I felt ice pelt into the side of my skull. "Ow!" I shrieked and faced the culprit. "That was pure ice, my cheek's numb!" Gus only catapulted into the nearest snow bank and paid no attention to me. Regrets will rain down on him. I scooped toward the ground and brought up a freezing handful of snow in my palm. "Eat this!" Was my battle cry. He lifted his head at just the right time because the ball collided with his narrow nose and chiseled features.