Chapter 17

I changed into one of my new outfits when we got back to the hotel. My confidence blasted through the roof when a little makeup was applied, combining with the look. I had spent about half an hour locked away in the bathroom when a knock rapped on the wooden door followed by a low voice.

"Five minutes."

"Until?" I questioned.

"The concert." Coldy sounded annoyed. Oh yea, we're on tour.

"Oh, that. Yea, I'm pretty much ready." I checked my image in the mirror and fluffed up my wavy blonde hair before entering back into the room. Gus's jaw dropped and Wicca took his hand to shut it.

"Don't be rude."

"How the hell am I being rude?" He retorted, offended.

"I'm very hurt." I joked and walked over to them. "Where's Tracy?" I noticed his absence and immediately made note of it.

"He went to get another rental car."

"Good!" I half shouted. No more being scrunched up against some sweaty male in the back seat, can I get an amen?!

"He just text me and said he's pulling in so let's get out of here." Wicca fled toward the door. We trailed behind, not so close to the madness wound in human anatomy. Everyone piled out.

The rave was an hour away, all the hotels were booked and the show was sold out. Each hotel we passed had no vacancy, not even ours. What I can take from these 60 minutes is that people really bond after being stuck together for so long. In our car there was five people. Wicca, Peep, Coldhart, Horsehead, and me. Wiggy had opted out and rode with Tracy, I don't blame him.

Horsehead was driving. I don't know much about the guy but he seems to be one of the most responsible members in GothBoiClique. No fun, at least mom (Lil Tracy) is fun. Coldy is honestly average. I can't place his nationality, Korean maybe? Oh well, I'm probably wrong. I turned to my phone for comfort.

"You hungry?" Peep asked, sitting in the middle of Wicca and I. I waved the burrito in his hand off. How did he get that? "You sure? There is no chance of getting food once we get there. We're going to be there all night and into the a.m."

"3 a.m. to be exact." Coldhart craned his neck around to make eye contact with me. "Who you talking to?"

"Coley?" Gus asked, almost too hopeful, but then he got a good look at my screen. "Who's Avery-Grace and why is she trying to hook you up with someone?" Peep went full parent mode. I gulped down a laugh, holding back and attempting a serious conversation.

"She's one of my close friends. She just asked me if I would want to start talking to someone she knows. I don't though, so don't worry." Just then the boy messaged me and Gustav's cheeks flushed but soon replaced the lost color with burning red.

"He called you cutie. Does he even know you?"

"Oooh, you're in trouble!" Wicca involved himself and that did not add positively to the bubbling vat of drama.

"No, but-"

"But what? Are you telling me you're considering him more than Wigs...more than me? I think the two of us have made it pretty clear that we have feelings for you!" Gus was leaning over me now and I shrank into the corner of the seat. Wicca pried him back.

"Dude, chill." 

"Look," I spoke, "I love each and every one of you guys. I have feelings for a few of you but I contain it deep down inside because this, right here, would never work. Age wise, lifestyle-wise, location-wise, the whole shebang! If it makes you feel any better though, I would choose you above anyone here." I had said it, the words I'd kept out of the spotlight of my thoughts. The truth was out, whether I could accept that or not. "I kissed Jahseh because I knew it wasn't going to work and I'd never see him again. I have not kissed you because I want us to work out, although the universe is against that. I have so many thoughts and feelings running rampant in my head that I don't want to voice my feelings in case something personal slips out and I regret it. I don't want to ruin us, or Wiggy, or GBC." My speech concluded. I have been falling deeper in love with Gustav Ahr and hadn't even realized it until my own body physically told me what I want. Everyone in the car was speechless.