Chapter 11

ME ^^^^^^

The hotel room we checked into was shared between Gus, Tracy, Wiggy, and I. They piled their suitcases onto the nicely made beds. I chose my cot and sprawled onto it, groaning when Tracy told me to get up.

"Why?" I dragged out with a pout on my face.

"Because I want to go swimming."

"Then go swimming! I can't. I don't have a swim suit."

"That's sad." Wiggy threw sarcasm my way.  I shot him a death defying glare. He gave off a wild look of surrender and I smiled, clearly pleased with putting him in his place.

"You can sit down there with us." Tracy persisted.

"Why do you want me to go with you guys? I just want to take a nap." My eyelids were growing heavy.

"Because...we like...decided you're the group mom now."

"When the hell did you vote on this?!" I shot straight up.

"Through the group chat." Peep gave me insight. Wiggy laughed.

"Come supervise us, Mom." I rolled my eyes and face palmed. 

"Fine, you win. Only because I don't want you to keep calling me that." Something inside me warned me that wasn't the end of these so-called "Mom-jokes". I decided to throw my own twist into the mix. "But-"

"Yes, you have a butt."

"Shut up, Wiggy. I want one of y'all to carry me."

"All the way down there?" Tracy's mood deflated. 

"Yep. I'm not walking if I don't wanna."

"Do we have to carry you? Like, can't Wicca?" Tracy plotted to get out of the chore. I cut him some slack.

"Anything goes as long as I don't have to put any energy into getting down there."

"Wicca!" Peep yelled across the hall to the second room. The man appeared in our door frame. Gus pointed to me. "You're carrying her to the pool, go. Now."

"...what?"

"NOW!" I've never seen a little white boy run faster toward me in my entire life. 

"Dang, you're strong." I told him as he tossed me over his shoulder.

"I know." He muttered, gritting his teeth. He must not do this everyday. Hmm...funny.

We made it to the pool area, the other boys followed two minutes behind. They had changed into their suits, Wicca didn't bother to. He sat me on a chair and took up a position next to me. 

"You're just like these guys." He told me.

"Oh? How so?"

"You're annoying." Yet again, he decided to joke.

"Oh shut up, you love me." I said, prideful.

"I think all of us do to tell you the truth, Clea. I 'm kinda glad you'll be stuck with us for a while."

"Thanks." I blushed, not knowing what exactly to say. "Don't you guys have girlfriends though? Like, I know you don't mean it that way but, still."

"Nah." He shrugged. "I guess girls love us, and guys, but we've gotta connect with the person on a personal level; you know?"

"Yea, for sure." I stretched back into a comfortable position and watched as GBC members with wet and dyed hair splashed each other and took the other underwater without warning. My eyes kept wondering back to one specific person.

"You like someone in that pool, don't you?" I didn't even try to deny it. I just turned to the man next to me and gave my answer.

"Yes." He huffed a chuckle.

"I think I can guess who it is."

"Bet." I challenged. Wicca held out a long finger and pointed it in the direction of Tracy.

"Nope. One more guess."

"Ugh, for real? Fine, okay...um; Gus?"

"Just a little bit." I pinched my index finger and thumb together for emphasis.

"I saw you make a move on him this morning."

"Barely!" I scoffed. "I was just making conversation."

"With a grilled cheeser and many grins? Mhm, I believe you." Mr. Sarcastic-One is officially Wicca's new nick name in my book as of this second and forward.

"Do you have any other, better per say, suggestions?"

"Nope, this is all up to you. You're young though, little bunny. Layla will bite your head off."

"I was under the impression that he isn't seeing anybody at the moment." I stated, confused. "I don't know who Layla is."

"You don't know who Layla is?!"

"No...I just clarified that, Wicca."

"Wiggy can tell you all about that chick."

"Is Layla the one who broke Peep's heart? Because Wiggy won't share that information."

"Okay, nevermind, I will just tell you all that you need to know. Wiggy is like, her best friend or something. They video chat all of the time. She and Gus dated for months and months until she showed him a video of her sucking someone else's dick."

"Wicca!"

"What? I don't know if she did it because she felt guilty and didn't want to hide things from her boyfriend but, as you can imagine, Peep didn't take it too well.They ended but they both still love each other."

"So he'd never consider me?"

"No. Not at all. For multiple reasons. And for your sake, I'd say that's a good thing. It spares you the grief that Layla comes with. You see that tattoo on his right shoulder?" I focused on the shirtless song writer.

"Yes. Don't tell me that says Layla."

"It does."

"He got her name tattooed on his body?!" I flipped out, frantically searching for hope that maybe -- just maybe -- this guy with the pink hair could become mine.

"Good luck, kid." Wicca sighed. "Getting him from her evil clutches won't be easy. She's a mean one." 

"I smell a challenge." Wicca arched an eyebrow.

"So you're that kind of girl, then?"

"Pure confidence and determination when it comes to getting what I want." I said, straight faced and intimidating. My mood had changed promptly. 

"Well, since you're going for it anyway, you might need to know somethings about him."

"Like what?" My interest was shining through. I couldn't contain my eagerness to start planning a way to make Gus mine.

"The man's a hopeless romantic, is depressed, and always hungry. Use that to the best of your abilities. Connect with him on those levels. He always loves a girl who loves what he does and goes through the same things. He likes to bond. Oh, and he's a kinky motherhecker. Have fun with that one as you will."

"Um Wicca, I'ma virgin."

"You won't be after this trip." Mr. Sarcastic-One shocked me. He stood and headed back up to the room. Our conversation had ended with me not knowing where to begin. Perhaps at this party tonight? I'm sure I can make it happen. Whoever this Layla chick is, she won't be anything to him for much longer.

I officially know what I want and from this point forward, I will strive to obtain him. I will survive in him, and I will thrive.