Chapter 32

Prom was a wild night filled with drama and tears. Our group had left when it ended and went to dinner at a fancy Italian place. We took up a table and a booth but nobody could be happier with the arrangement. This is true friendship. Everyone laughed and some threw food but smiles were apparent on every face. After we had finished most of our dinner, the plotting began. Tracy took up the role as co-leader beside me. I began.

"Does anyone know why X and Vonya were there tonight?" I refused to speak his name for fear that it may beckon the devil. 

"He claimed to miss you," Mint said, she had observed the situation from afar the entire time. "I wouldn't trust that."

"She doesn't," Tracy assured. "and I don't either."

Wiggy spoke to us for the first time since the stairwell. "I want them to pay."

"You did more than enough," Avery-Grace added her input. "Just don't dwell on it. I can guarantee that we will find some way to deal with this."

"Wait till Coldhart hears about this. He's the bridge between Members Only and GBC."

"Aren't you and Gus, too?" I queried, knowing they've made some music with Ski Mask The Slump God. I remember at least one song: NewWorldOrder. 

"Kind of," Gustav spoke up through a mouthful of ravioli. "we aren't always in contact though."

"That was really just a one-time thing."  Explained Tracy.

"Oh." I yipped and swirled my food around in its bowl, boredly. 

"Does this really have to be a clan war?" Coley sided as the neutral party. "It's really just us against Jahseh."

"No, once Ski or anyone of those guys hears of this they will all jump on the end GothBoiClique bandwagon." Wicca informed. "It's probably best that we're getting out of this town in a few days." A few days? How come Gus didn't tell me?! Is he planning to leave without me? I suddenly hushed up, excluding myself from the situation.

"I'm going to use the restroom." Was my lame excuse. My dress was huge and hindered movement but soon I made it to the bathroom mirror. I stared too deep into the looking glass. Why hasn't he told me yet? We are supposed to ask my mom if I can go...if I can stay with Gus. Why am I about to cry? It's one little thing, maybe he was planning to say something. I could feel my lip quivering. The bathroom door burst open.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Reagan was at my side instantly.

"He didn't tell me," I whined like a pitiful child. "is he trying to keep this from me?" Her hand on my shoulder provided comfort and relaxed my nerves. I sucked in a shaky breath. "Did Tracy tell you?"

"Yea." She said with remorse engulfing her voice. "He told me two days ago." My heart sank. "Maybe Peep just thought it wasn't that big of a deal."

"Not a big deal? Either I'm going with him or he's leaving me."

"Oh." She had not been informed. "I had no idea."

"it's fine, I'm just overreacting."

"Not really." She assured. "He's your boyfriend, you have the right to know these things and care about his potential absence." I knew Reagan was speaking the truth. Looking up at her, I clogged the waterworks. My nose burned but I ignored it. She grabbed my hand in hers. 

"Thank you." I showed my appreciation and she nodded with pursed lips.

"Of course, you're my friend." We smiled warmly at one another before heading back out where we were meant by empty seats.