Introduction

Instagram:    _yoshii_dey_         (or)           pastel_yoshii

Snapchat:     shortrunyon8

_________________________________________

Everything happened so fast.

It was September and the skies were blue, the clouds were white, the road was red.

There she was, lying motionless, not even her chest rose from a breath. There was no breath. I just witnessed a hit and run, and the victim with brown hair and lifeless glossed over eyes is someone I have identified as my best friend for six years. We will never reach seven years, Jaim is dead.  Suddenly, as if the back of my knees were being struck by a wooden bat, my legs gave out. I crumbled onto the concrete with a piercing scream. It had happened right next to me...she had pushed me out of the truck's path. 

I crawled to Jaim and picked her head up, laying it gently into my lap. I gazed into her eyes with blurry vision. The tears came swiftly and I knew for certain there would be no stopping them, so I let them flow. They dripped from just beneath my chin and onto her cheek, mixing with cuts of blood. There was the necklace I gave her on her birthday. It had a "C" dangling from the chain, the initial of my name; Clea. Sirens sounded in the distance, approaching closer with every staggered breath of mine. A hand rested lightly on my shoulder. I jumped a bit but brought myself to turn and peer at the silhouette blocking the sun. The voice was of an elderly woman.

"Come now deary, sit on the sidewalk. The police are on their way."

"What about an ambulance? There is a girl bleeding out in front of us!" A panic stricken voice that had never emerged from my vocal cords this true in my entire 17 years of life. The kind lady rubbed my arm and tried to calm me. Common sense and good nature called at me to do as she told. I allowed her to assist me up and walk me to the curb. There was nothing I could do other than to stare emptily at the corpse that used to host such a jubilant soul. Five minutes came and went, police officers arrived with an ambulance right behind the procession. I was interrogated, my description was jotted down, I was counseled by strangers, but Jaim never came back.

She was my best friend.

It was September and the skies were blue, the clouds were white, the road was red.

Everything happened so fast.