Slowly but surely....Samantha's memory was coming back.

• • • • •

"She was what?!" Luke reiterated when Cedric told him what he saw in the library.

"Kissing Marcus."

"And she wasn't repulsed or pulled away immediately?"

Cedric clenched his jaw and shook his head briskly. "No."

Luke pursed his lips and stared sadly at his friend who was being consumed by jealousy and envy. He hated that Cedric was feeling this way. He hated how apparent jealousy was and how it made such a kind person seem not so kind. Cedric was very hard headed and strong in his feelings that his care for Samantha was making his own character turn ugly. As much as he wanted to tell him to snap out of it and forget it, he couldn't. Everyone gets caught up in their feelings at some point and gets blinded. Luke would have to watch his best friend suffer and then hopefully get out of it on his own.

"So I assume they're together?" Luke asked slowly, unsure of what Cedric's reaction was going to be.

Cedric sighed loudly and sat back on the couch in their Common Room. "I have no idea. This is all very confusing. Here she is kissing Marcus but then only a day ago she was hanging out with me like she wasn't with anyone."

"Well was she flirting with you? Because I don't see anything wrong with her actions if she was only hanging out with you in a platonic way," Luke reasoned. The last thing he needed was for Cedric to confront Samantha over something he cooked up inside his jealousy brain.

Cedric pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes for a moment. "Maybe not...full on flirting but—"

"Then but nothing," Luke interrupted. "You can't accuse her of coming on to you when she wasn't. If she is dating Marcus or not has no matter. She's allowed to have guy friends. I don't remember you badgering me for hanging out with Samantha when you two were dating."

Cedric hummed in annoyance. "Ok ok, I get it. I'm making something out of nothing. But I do think she still has feelings for me."

"Cedric—"

"No, Luke. I am certain she still has some feelings for me."

"I bet it's anger, like mine are becoming," Luke muttered.

"Pardon?" Cedric said, coming out of his thoughts.

"Nothing, Ced. Just don't do anything to make her angry at you."

"Trust me, Luke. I won't."

• • • • •

With the tournament and the Yule Ball coming up, everyone found it harder to focus on their tests which started this week.

Everyone year five and above was stressing because their tests meant just a little more than anyone else's.

Sunday night, the Gryffindor Common Room was packed yet quiet. Each couch and chair was filled with someone either reading a book or working on a review packet. But someone was sitting on a chair by the window not working on anything.

Harry didn't have any exams to worry about since he was a champion and unlike his studious older sister. Ron and Hermione were quietly working on Potions since they had their exam the next day. Harry stared out the window and kept thinking about his dream and how the voice he recognized was Lucius Malfoy.

Every day he thought about just how odd everything seemed and how something wasn't right. The question of who put his name in the Goblet was always apparent and nagged his innermost thoughts every evening.