Chapter 21

Just after Tam ran off Danny started to go on and on about how she said he was her soul mate and how he thought that was complete bogus. I was walking with Hikaru but we weren’t talking, he had been funny ever since I said sorry for not being able to save Yuki. After about a minute of Danny’s nonstop rambling Hikaru turned around and half glared at him.

“What?” Danny asked Hikaru. “You’re giving me the creeps!”

“Just…Just stop!” Hikaru almost shouted at Danny.

“Why are you so grumpy?”

“Never you mind! Just promise me something.”

“Fine! What is it?”

“Promise me that is you find your soul mate, you will tell them right away!”

“Alright, alright I promise.” Danny almost mumbled.

“Now, go find Tam. You must have pissed her off pretty bad for her to run from you.” I said to Danny.

“Where is she?” He replied, almost too eagerly.

“At our favourite forest, you should know where that is.” I said and with that he was off, I couldn’t see him after about three seconds.

“Where do you want to go now?” Hikaru asked me, quietly.

“Do you want to come to my house? Mum and dad won’t be home for a while so we can just chill and you can tell me what’s been bothering you the most out of everything.”

“Sure.” He said flatly.

‘Your boyfriend is trying to find you.’ I thought at Tam, just to let her know that I sent him to find her.

‘I TOLD YOU HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!’ She though back and I laughed.

“What’s so funny?” Hikaru asked me once I finished laughing.

“Just Tam…I told her that her ‘boyfriend’ is looking for her and she got angry.” I replied, sighing.

“Oh…”

“Do you wanna talk about it? Is there anything I can do to help? Anything at all?”

“You have no idea what it’s like to lose your mind link, do you?”

“Not really…Tam hasn’t died long enough for me to really know what it’s like…”

“Well, it just feels so lonely. Like a part of you has disappeared, never to return. It’s hard to bounce back from that.” He paused and I looked at him, he had tears in his eyes and I thought about how I would feel if I lost Tam forever. “You know what it’s like for your twin to die and for your link to go away, but you have only experienced it for a minute at most. This…This is a lifetime of that. I will never know what Yuki would have ended up as when we left school, he will never have kids. He will never grow up…He will be forever young…”

‘OHHHHHHHHHHH TAM LOOOOOOOK THERE IS A STICK! WHATS HE GOING TO DO WITH IT! IF HE THROWS IT CAN WE GO GET IT?’ Tam’s wolf for thought to her and I laughed. ‘No.’ She thought back to the wolf.

‘You want to chase that stick don’t you?’ I thought to her.

‘Hey! No one invited you!’ She thought back and mind hit me. That’s when Hikaru and I got home, I went to grab the key out of my pocket but only found dust. That’s when I remembered that we gave Tam the key.

‘One OUCH and two you have the dingus so hurry up!’ I thought to her and sighed. There was no way she was going to be home soon, especially if she was with Danny. “Tam has the keys…Do you wanna sit out the front like a couple of hobos?” I asked Hikaru and he smiled and nodded.