Chapter 7

Mani's Point of View

I watch Tam run off after Danny and decide that I wouldn't be able to catch up to them so I decide to go to my next class which happened to be learning how to deal with our strength. I knew I would be good in this class and secretly hoped I would run into Hikaru, but I would never tell anybody that. As I was walking to class Hayley came up to me.

"So, how are you dealing with your sisters death?" She asked as if she was trying to hold in the laughter.

"She's not dead." I reply.

"Yes she is. I injected enough venom into her for her to die in about ten seconds."

"Well, obviously it didn't work." As if on cue I hear Tam running back to me, human this time. 'Hayley thinks you're dead.' I think to her. She laughs in her head and stands next to me, leaning her arm on my shoulder.

"What up?" She says to Hayley. Hayley looks at her in shock then turns to me.

"So, you aren't a vampire. You are a doppelganger. You simply split yourself in two so you don't feel lonley without your twin." I look at her and raise my right eyebrow.

"Oh really? If I were simply a doppelganger why would she have a different hair colour to me and smell like a wolf, not like me?" Sarcasm in my voice.

"Um...Well you are more skilled than I originally thought."

"Then why do I smell like a vampire?" I said and I knew I had called her bluff. Vampires have a very specific smell. We generally smell like our favourite flower but some are not so lucky. Me? Wel for some reason I smell like chocolate when I'm not around any flowers.

Hayley turned herself into a dalmation and ran off, tale between her legs. Tam and I looked at eachother before laughing and continuing on to class.

I got to class and saw the seat plan. I gasped when I saw that I was sitting next to Hikaru.

"They pair us with people who are about the same skill level." Hikaru said, making me jump. I had no idea he was right behind me.

"But you are such a better vampire than I am..." I reply.

"Well, for now that may be the case but they actually go by the power in your blood so you may end up more powerful than me."

More powerful than Hiraku? I don't think that will happen. He is already the best in the school and is going to compete in the (secret) Supernatural Olympics.

"Ha, I don't think so." I say walking to my seat but his words echo in my head.

More powerful than Hiraku...The most powerful vampire in the school.