|26| Your Answer, Isogai?

-Third POV-
Silence enveloped the cave, if we excluded the others and Koro-Sensei.

Waiting patiently for the boy to answer you decided to speak up once again.

"Uh, I-Isogai... did you-"

"Yeah I did (Y/N)... just give me a little time to process it." He responded fairly quickly, he flashed you a smile that made your heart melt.

Things are going so well! You then told him the two of you should keep walking, because the pair behind you guys might catch up.

Whilst walking the familiar silence had grown around the two of you again.

Biting down, you started getting anxious. Only the echoes of each footstep you took was heard. Soon the sudden sigh escaped Isogai's mouth.

"(Y/N)... uh, it's really hard for me to say this."

"Really you like me too?!" You said foo ecstatic. Realizing you let your thoughts slip you quickly had your hands clamp over your mouth. "I'm so sorry I said that!" You fumbled around with your words.

Isogai only gave you a forced chuckled as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I was kind of expecting this." He said smiling once again.

Both of you stopped in your footsteps.

"Y-you were?"

"Yeah..." Isogai said with a drained voice.

Gulping you realized you were wrong and preparing yourself for a rejection.

"Listen (Y/N), it was a little obvious....  sorry I lied. I overheard you and Karma talk about it and... yeah I'm very sorry." He kindly explained.

"I-it couldn't be helped if y-you overheard." You stuttered as you looked onto the floor.

"You're a great person, kind beautiful and smart! But I just... I'm sorry I just don't like you... I liked someone else... I'm just so sorry you had to deal with-"

"N-no no it's fine! Girls always have crushes on you! I w-was just dumb to think I-I was special!" You quickly mentioned. "So w-who is it y-you like?" You painfully asked the question not daring to look up from the pebbles you saw laying onto the cave floor.

"...Kataoka." Isogai responded.

Even though you knew it wasn't you, for some reason your heart felt like it shattered twice.

Then you realized something.

He had liked her all along.

All the memories started playing through your head as you remember how he would go to you after Kataoka would reject his offers.

"(Y/N) listen I'm re-really sorry..." he tried explaining it to you.

"You don't need to apologize..." you mumbled quietly, as the stones on the floor soon were wet.

Reaching up to touch your face your fingers became damp till you realized you were crying.

"(Y/N)!" Isogai said whilst walking over to you. He tried grabbing your shoulder but you swatted it away by pure instinct.

"I-I'm f-f-fine!" You said in between hiccups, as your uneasy breathing helped the tears flow down your face.

Soon enough you were practically sobbing.

"I s-should be saying s-sorry Isogai... i-i was being a-an idiot T-thinking I actually h-had a chance w-with someone l-like y-you this w-whole t-time! I was wasting a-all your time... the time you c-could of spent with K-Kataoka!" Tears rushed down your cheeks soon enough your legs gave out as you fell to the floor sobbing, you continued to speak nonetheless. "I'm j-just pathetic.. I never knew... I would be this affected.." you said brining hand up to your face trying to prevent the tears from rushing.

Isogai then looked at you pitifully.

"(Y/N)... let's just-"

"Isogai you can walk to the end by yourself... I'm going to stay here for now..." you refused to listen to what he had to say.

It was useless.

All useless.

All you knew is that he didn't like you back.

He had no feelings, so what was the point of continuing the conversation. It would only hurt you even further.

Isogai understanding your situation, he hesitantly nods and walks off without you.

That's when you let it all out.

Heartbreak can really wreck a girl, and you finally understood from first hand experience.

With all your sobs you drowned out a few footsteps of someone rushing over to your way.

"(Y/N)!" They called out.

Looking over in their directions, your tears only obscured your vision as you got up ran over and hugged them.