twenty-five

Here we were. Axl and I were on our was to the hospital to find out the gender of our baby. Then, we were going to go find stuff to work on a nursery and pick out names.

"It's a big day today, Laura. Are you excited? Nervous?" Axl asked me in the car.

I laughed nervously. "A little bit of both," I told him.

"What are you hoping for? Boy? Girl?" Axl asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know," I told him, "What about you?"

"I will love our baby no matter what the gender is, Laura," Axl told me.

"Aw, that's so sweet," I smiled.

"I just can't wait to find out so we can pick names," Axl said.

"Yeah, picking names seems like the hard part, though. We have to pick something that we won't get sick of," I said.

"There are thousands of names out there. It couldn't be that hard," Axl said as we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"Axl, that's why it's so hard," I told him.

Axl shrugged. "We'll find something. We'll have to, anyway, because we can't have a nameless child," He said and I giggled.

Axl and I got out of his car and we walked into the hospital together. It was weird because I was finally showing a little bit of a bump and I wasn't used to seeing myself like that. Axl continues to tell me I look beautiful and amazing, but I'm just not buying it.

"I look like I ate too much at Taco Bell," I said, looking down at my baby bump.

Axl laughed. "No you don't. It's obvious that your pregnant. No one is going to look at you and think, man, she's fat!" Axl reassured me.

I shrugged. "I guess your right," I said, smiling a little.

"See? You can't argue with this logic," Axl said, pointing to himself.

"You wanna bet on that?" I asked him, making him laugh.

Axl and I got right into the doctor's office, where I was told to lay down on the hospital bed. Axl was in a chair beside me, holding my hand.

"So, are you ready to find out the gender?" The doctor asked as she was hooking everything up.

I looked at Axl and we both smiled at each other. I looked back up at the doctor. "Yep. We're very ready," I told her.

"Okay, well let's find out," She said.

We waited a few minutes in silence while the doctor did her thing. Axl squeezed my hand and I squeezed back. Then, the doctor looked at me, smiling.

"Congratulations, it's girl!" She informed us.

I looked at Axl and saw that he was grinning widely along with me. I knew that the both of us were excited for this.

"Do you have any names picked out yet?" The doctor asked us.

We shook or heads. "That's what we were going to do today," Axl said happily.

"Well congrats, you two and you guys have a lovely day. You're free to go," The doctor told us as she left the room.

Axl helped me off the bed and we left, making sure to check out. We were both very bubbly and excited after this appointment. Our baby girl was going to change our worlds.

"A girl, Axl! We're having a baby girl!" I said excitedly once we were back in the car.

"You know, I've never really thought about having kids, but when I do I always imagined having a daughter," Axl told me, making me smile.

"So you're happy with your creation?" I asked.

"I am beyond excited," Axl said.

"There are too many pretty girl names and I don't know which one to pick," I told Axl.

"Hey, this is why you have me, the most honest person you know. I'll tell you whether I like the name or not," Axl said.

"You have to help find names, too. Not just turn them down," I said.

"Do I have to do that much work?" Axl playfully whined.

"Hey, if I have to carry the child you can help me pick out a name," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Laura, I just want to say that I think our baby girl is going to be perfect," Axl said.

I smiled. "I do, too," I agreed.

"I'm serious. Like, I think that we've created the perfect human human. I mean, she'll be the perfect combination of talented and beautiful," Axl said.

"You're already thinking about teaching her to sing, aren't you?" I asked.

"Babe, we both have amazing voices which means our baby will, too. Of course I'm going to teach her at a young age. I'm also giving her piano lessons," He said.

"Well, I can't wait to see what you'll teach her," I said, smiling at Axl.

"Hopefully it isn't bad words," Axl added in, making me laugh.

"If you do that then I will beat you up," I jokingly warned him.

"Ooo, I'm so scared," Axl said, holding his hands up in defense.

"Axl, hands on the wheel!" I yelled at him, making him laugh.

"I forgot, Im driving," He said.

"Don't be stupid," I told him, playfully punching him in the arm. We both laughed, but my laughter faded when Axl took a different turn than usual.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," Axl told me. I sat in the car and looked out the window, seeing that we were driving toward Griffith park.

Axl took a different turn and we started going up a hill on a dirt road. It made me wonder whether or not we were really supposed to be going this way. Axl stopped the car and we got out.

"Follow me," He said, taking my hand. He took me down a narrow path until we were out in a clearing, right in front of the Hollywood sign.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Axl and he smirked at me.

Axl then got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. "Laura, I am in love with you like I've never been in love before and I'm absolutely positive that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Laura, will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?" He asked me.

My jaw dropped and my hands went over my mouth. I couldn't get any words out. I nodded frantically and Axl stood back up. I ran and hugged him for a very long time before letting go.

This was how I was going to spend the rest of my life. With Axl and our baby. I knew that this is what I wanted and that this is what was best for me. I loved Axl with all my heart and I couldn't wait to see what adventures I would have with him next.

On July 19th, Aubrey Kate Rose was born and the family lived together, happily ever after.