fifteen

"So, this is our bus," Axl said. It was seven in the morning and he was helping me carry my bags onto the bus.

When you walked inside, you walked into a small kitchen/living room type thing. Then, to the left is the really small bathroom that had a small shower, toilet, and sink. If you continue to walk, you go to where the bunks are.

My bunk was below Axl's. Axl slid my suitcase underneath the bunk and we had to put my other two bags on the bunk with me.

"Unfortunately, for space, we have to sleep with our bags, but two people could always share a bunk and the bags could go on the empty one," Axl winked at me, making me giggle.

"What's back there?" I asked, pointing in the small room past the bunks.

"That's where we put the dirty clothes or any extra shit. Like, if someone buys an extra instrument while on the road or if we even need to make band merch to sell that's where we'll do it," He said.

"Oh, so just an extra room used for anything," I said.

"Yeah. But it normally starts to smell really bad because we keep dirty clothes in there. So, no one goes in there," Axl said.

"Note taken," I said, giving him a thumbs up.

"Also, you can't wash your hands in the sink or use the shower. You can only use the toilet. We normally have hand sanitizer in there for us to use," Axl said, as we walked past the bathroom.

"And we also don't have a normal eating diet, if you didn't already know that. We normally live off of caffeine and beer. Along with cereal and mac and cheese," Axl said, opening up the cabinets.

"So, where's the rest of the band?" I asked.

"Oh, they don't need to be here for another hour. I just wanted you here earlier to show you around and her you comfortable because we'll be on this bus for a very long time," Axl said.

"The bus doesn't seem to bad. It's kind of nice," I said, sitting down in a booth.

"Well, you think that at first but after a few weeks it starts getting old because you spend most of your time just sitting and staring out of the window," Axl said.

"What do you do for fun?" I asked.

"That's what I was about to ask you. Did you bring anything to entertain yourself?" Axl asked me.

"I didn't think about that," I told him.

Axl smirked. "I figured. That's another reason why I brought you here early. Also, we keep a few decks of cards, monopoly, and bingo with us. Plus, we make stops at weird gas stations and rest stops that have gift shops in them sometimes and we pick up books and magazines," He said.

"There's also a radio and some CDs," Axl said, pointing to the radio on the window sill. I giggled.

"This is definitely going to be interesting," I said.

"Don't worry, Laura. I think you'll enjoy it. I want to warn you that touring does bring out the weird and moodiness in people, but there's plenty of partying and memories to be made," Axl told me.

"I'm sure I will enjoy it or else I wouldn't be going," I said.

Axl smiled. "Is there something you want to go back to your apartment and get because I see it in your eyes," Axl said.

I nodded. "You know me so well," I told him, playfully punching him in the arm.

"What is it that you need?" Axl asked me as we got off the bus.

"I was going to get a book or two to read," I said.

"So you like reading," Axl said as we were getting into his car.

"Yeah, I like reading," I said, "what about you? Do you like reading?"

"I like reading, but I don't get the chance to do it very often," He said.

"Well, I happen to have a lot of books at my apartment if you want to pick out a few to take on tour with us," I offered.

Axl smiled. "You know, Laura, this is why you're a great girlfriend. I would love to borrow a few books if you don't mind."