one

"Hold this CD for me," Cassie said as she pulled crumpled up money out of her pocket.

I watched her as she counted the money silently, messed up, and had to recount. I looked up at the cashier who looked annoyed and I just smiled and mouthed the word, "sorry."

I nudged Cassie. "Hurry up," I whispered to her.

"I'm trying, I'm trying," She said, straightening out her money and handing it to the cashier.

The cashier cleared his throat and nodded toward the CD I was holding.

"Oh, right!" Cassie said, taking the CD from me and handing it to the cashier.

"Have a nice day," The cashier said, handing Cassier a small bag with her CD and her receipt inside.

The two of us walked out of the store and was on our way back to the apartment we shared.

"Wonder what his problem is," Cassie muttered as we walked out of the store.

"Well, you were taking a while," I said, looking at Cassie, who just smirked.

"Shut up, Laura," She said, playfully rolling her eyes and lightly punching me in the arm.

"So, why that CD?" I asked my best friend.

"I want you to listen to it because I have a surprise," Cassie told me with a wink.

"What is it?" I asked her as we entered our apartment building.

Cassie smiled and shook her head. "I'll tell you after you finish the CD," She said as we climbed the stairs to our room.

"Come on, Cas. I'm dying to know," I begged her.

Cassie laughed. "I'm dying to tell you, but I guess we'll both have to wait," She said as she unlocked the door to our apartment.

We both walked inside and I immediately grabbed the bag out of Cassie's hand. I tore the plastic off of he CD and put it in the radio.

Cassie and I listened to the CD for a few songs before she finally decided to take the CD out.

"Is that it? I thought you were going to tell me the surprise!" I exclaimed.

"I am, okay?" Cassie said, "Wait here."

I sat at the table and stared at the CD case for Appetite For Destruction. I had heard of the band Guns N Roses, but never really listened to them. Cassie was a huge fan, though.

Cassie ran back into our kitchen, holding a shoe box. I raised an eyebrow and tried not to laugh. She slid it across the counter.

Then, she simply said, "Open it."

"Would if tortue you if I just opened it very slowly?" I asked, noticing her excitement.

"Just open the damn thing or I'll do it for you," She threatened.

"I guess," I shrugged. I opened up the box and saw two small slips of paper siting at the bottom.

I looked up at Cassie in confusion.

"Read them!" She said, walking over to me.

I picked them up and read them. My eyes widened when I saw that they were two concert tickets to see Guns N Roses tomorrow night.

"Cassie! What's this for?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "Figured we could use a girls night out," She said.

"You didn't have to buy me a ticket, you know. You should've bought one for someone who's a bigger fan," I told her.

Cassie shrugged. "Whether you're a fan of a band I like or not you're still going to be my first choice of person to take with me," She replied.

I set my ticket down and smiled. I stood up and hugged my roommate and she hugged me back.

"How much were the tickets?" I asked.

"None of your business," She said.

"Cassie, you're amazing," I told her.

She smiled. "I know," She said and we both sat there for a few seconds and giggled like little girls.

Then, my smile faded and turned into a frown.

"What's wrong, Laura?" Cassie asked.

"I don't know what to wear," I told her and Cassie just laughed.

"I'll help you figure that out tomorrow. It's getting late so c'mon and get some sleep. We've got a big day tomorrow!" Cassie exclaimed as she walked down the hallway.

I smiled to myself as I walked to my bedroom to get some rest.