twenty

"Laura, how are you going to tell Axl?" Sarah asked me after the concert. We were on our way out to the tour bus so we could go back to Los Angeles.

I shook my head. "I don't know. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready for a child or to even tell Axl," I told Sarah in a low voice.

Sarah gave me a concerned look, but as Axl neared us we both changed the subject. I knew I was going to have to tell him. If I didn't tell him the baby bump I will eventually have will, and then he'll be mad because I didn't say something sooner.

"Ready to go back to Los Angeles, doll?" Axl asked, putting his arm around me and walking me back to the bus.

"Yeah. Im ready to be home," I told him.

"That was a great concert. Great crowd. What'd you think?" Axl asked me, but everything he said sounded so distant.

"Uh huh. You guys did good," I told him as we got on the bus.

"In just a few months we'll be going on our European tour. I'm excited for that, aren't you?" Axl asked me.

I nodded. "Yep. Can't wait," I said, trying to sound enthusiastic, but Axl frowned.

"Is something wrong, Laura?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "N-no. No, I'm fine. I'm just tired and I've got a little headache. That's all," I lied. I added a fake smile to try and top it off.

"Okay, if you say so. Hey, do you want me to help you pack your things when we get back tomorrow so you can move in with me?" Axl asked me.

I nodded. "That would be nice," I told him.

"You know, I think we've got some aspirin or some kind of medicine here somewhere," Axl told me.

"No, I'm good. I don't want to take anything," I said, standing up quickly, "I think I'll just go to bed."

"Well, I'll wake you up when we reach Los Angeles," Axl told me.

"Okay," I said and I walked back to my bunk.

I climbed in and closed my eyes, trying my best to fall asleep. It was hard not to think about the truth because I needed to face it. I let out a huge sigh and turned over on my side. Soon, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

I woke up to a cool breeze and the sound of waves. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at the sky. It was still dark outside. It was late at night.

My head shot up when I realized that I wasn't walking. I realized that I was in Axl's arms and he was carrying me into his house.

"Morning, sleepy," He said.

"What time is it?" I asked him as we waited for Kiyoko to come and answer the door.

"About three in the morning," Axl said, "You're a very deep sleeper."

"I know," I replied.

"Axl! Laura! You back! You back! I miss you both!" Kiyoko said excitedly when she answered the door. She looked like we just woke her up, and we probably did.

"How were things around the mansion while I was gone?" Axl asked.

"Good, Mr. Rose," Kiyoko responded.

"Kiyoko I have some exciting news," Axl said, looking down at me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Laura will be moving in here," Axl said and Kiyoko's eyes widened.

"Oh, how wonderful! Ms. Laura will love it here," Kiyoko said, looking at me in admiration.

"Okay, you can go back to bed," Axl told Kiyoko.

"Yes sir," Kiyoko said and she went back to the guest room.

"Babe, I'm tired," I told Axl.

"I am too," He said, kissing me on the forehead. Axl entered his room and put me down in his bed.

I adjusted the pillows and then crawled underneath the covers. I made myself comfortable while Axl changed. Axl then walked over and got in beside me. He turned the lamp out.

"Night, Laura," He said.

"Night," I replied, still wondering how I was going to tell Axl that I was pregnant.