Chapter 100 🥀: Rude Awakening

Kentrell Gaulden ⚡️

"Nigga, be serious." I shot a glare at Kendell as we all sat packed like sardines in the hospital room. We was waiting on the papers that me and my mama had to sign so I could be released.

"What? I am serious! That shouldn't be nun ya you!" This nigga was begging me to get him another iPhone.

"Do yo work first, then I'll see bout it."

"He take afta you." My mama glared at me. I gasped sarcastically.

"Whatchu mean?"

"Whatchu think she mean, flunkie?" I reached over and popped Kendell in the forehead.

"Bruh, chillat." He hit me back in the chin. We started slap boxing until we heard Mama's voice. We knew somebody else was in the room.

"Boys..." She properly said, cautioning us. I sighed, putting my hands in my lap. We finally signed the papers and got the hell on.

"You feelin' okay, Kentrell?" I looked back at Star as we walked out of the hospital and nodded dryly.

"Whea is Mariah ass? Sheon come see nobody nomo." Mama said, annoyed.

"She back in the Rouge." I heard Star make a noise, and I hurried up and turned around.

"Wassup?" I scrunched my face up at her.

"I just think it's funny how—"

"His girl actually cares bout him enough to go hop on a plan by herself and make sure he gon' be the most comfortable he can while he's healin'? Yeah, I find that funny, too." Beenie cut her off, making me snicker.

"Actually, I was gonna say that these hoes ain't loyal—"

"You would know." Kd said, sipping his Fanta while Star mugged him.

"Hey, y'all cut that out." My mama actually liked Star for some odd reason. She liked Mariah, too. I hope she don't like Star more, cause imma have some bad news.

She staying forever.
*

We got to the hotel and got ready for our flight, even though it was in six hours. Everybody else was in their rooms getting their shit together, while Mama helped me pack. And when I say she helped me pack, I mean she forced me to sit still while she did it.

"Boy, you fucked that green polo shirt up that quick?" She asked, holding it up. It had a big ass dark stain on the chest. I chuckled.

"My bad ma. I was bout gone." She sighed and threw it in my suitcase. She sat on the bed as she zipped it.

"Baby?"

"Yes, ma?"

"You really like this rappin' shit, huh?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I fuck with it."

"Watch it, boy." She chuckled. I nodded.

"I jus' wanna get us outta Baton Rouge. Y'all and my sons." I turned to look at her.

"All I ever asked is fa you to make it out, make some shit shake for yo self. And you did that." She came over and kissed me on the forehead.

"Don't worry bout me." She sat beside me. I looked over at her again.

"That's all I do." I tell her honestly, and she threw me an awkward smile.
*

So, these niggas decided to tag along with me, and I already know I couldn't get my mama off my ass. I opened the door to my spot, being hit by cool air.

"Why the fuck i's so cold?" Kd said as he stepped in.

"Kelldrick!"

"Sorry!" I walked in the door and rushed to the back.

"BAYYBBEEEEE!" My mama popped me upside the head, and I got no answer. I opened up my room door and saw hella shit sprawled over on the bed and floor. Hella shit that never left the house was gone. I pushed through the crowd of people and stumbled to where Brianna slept, and there were clothes and old toys everywhere. I felt my heart beating fast as I turned around slowly. I examined everybody's worried faces.

"She left."

_____________

T H E  E N D

I appreciate y'all, especially the ones who been here since the start ❤️

But imma definitely let you know when the second book comes up. 😌🤘🏾