Chapter 70 🥀: Charges

Kentrell Gaulden ⚡️

"Man, this really fucked up. I know Mariah really bent outta shape, on God." Boomer sighed, shaking her head. We were all in the waiting room.

"I would be, too. My brother wig out and try to shoot me, Imma be mad, sad, all that shit wrapped up in one." Mimi said.

"Not 'een that. Mariah be blamin' haself fa shit she can't control. I already know she beatin' herself up. Damn, I hate my baby go through shit like this." I spoke up. I hated Brianna and Kayden were in danger too. My phone starting ringing.

"Hello?"

"What hospital y'all at?" I told her the name and address.

"Y'all heard anything wit' Ken?"

"Nawl, he still in surgery."

"Oh...I'll be up thea'. Kentrell?"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry, fareal."

"Man, Mariah it ain't yo' fault. Stop apologizin' and get yo fine ass ova hea'. You got a ride?"

"Yeah."

"Bye, ugly."

"Boy, bye. Wasn't I just fine three seconds ago? Make sure my niece not cold in that hospital and call me if ion get there before he get outta surgery."

"Okay, baby."

"Man bye, my sap ass nigga." She giggled a little, I smiled. I was trying my best to make her feel better. A little time later, she finally came.

"Hey, y'all." She said softly. She still had blood on her clothes. Day handed her some clothes.

"Thank ya..." She sat beside me and sighed. She laid her head on my shoulder. I felt her breathing slow up. We sat there for a while in silence.

"Any of you here for Kendall Gaulden?"

"Wake up." She shot up.

"What? What?" I pulled her up with me.

"Woah, got a lot of people, here." The nurse chuckled awkwardly.

"That's our bruddah." Kd said with a straight face. She cleared her throat.

"Well, I can only talk to an immediate family member right about now."

"I'm his brother." I pulled Mariah towards her.

"We were able to remove the bullet from his lower back. We did have some problems in the operating room where his heart stopped—'' Mariah gasped and looked at me with sad eyes. The nurse started talking again.

"Of course, we were able to revive him. We think it had something to do with the anesthetics. He's in recovery, still asleep, and he's hooked to an oxygen tank, I don't want you to panic. It's not for long, just until we check his breathing when he wakes up. Would you like to see him? He should be waking up in a while." I nodded, then looked at Mariah. She nodded shyly. I grabbed her hand as we walked behind the nurse. We walked in and saw Kendall laying on the hospital bed, asleep. She squeezed my hand and I squeezed back. We went and sat beside the bed.

"Imma go take a shower." She whispered. I nodded and looked back at the door she was looking at. She grabbed the clothes and went in the bathroom. I was sitting there, bored for a long ass time. Her phone started buzzing a bunch of times.

Bigquint: So u just ignoring a nigga?
Bigquint: 👀 ft me
Bigquint: Wya?