Chapter 66 🥀: In the First Degree

Mariah Williams 💫

"Go get the door!" I yelled at Youngboy, trying not to mess up my makeup. The person knocked again, and Youngboy didn't answer. I sucked my teeth and put the highlight down, getting up to open the door. I swung the door open, and Marcus stormed in.

"WHEA' MY DAUGHTA?" He yelled in my face. I jumped but looked at him like he was stupid.

"NIGGA, I DONT KNOW!" I yelled back, bucking up.

"Fuck y'all yellin' fa?" He came out with no shirt on, looking annoyed. I looked away before I started staring.

"My chil' missin'!" He was freaking out.

"When the last time you saw ha'?"

"I dropped ha off wit' mama! She told me she went witchu!"

"Well, she lied, cause I ain't got Bri!" I shrugged, sighing. This nigga done gave his niece to the damn devil and mad at me? For what?

"Fuck..." He whispered under his breath.

"What?"

"I killed a nigga son couple a days ago, he was fuckin' wit me bout my money...old head said he was gon' pay me back..." He placed his hands on his face. I did nothing but look at him.

"Marcus..." I started, calmly. He looked at me.

"If you don't find my niece...alive...you gon wish you left her and her mama alone." I gave him the most evil look. He shook his head and walked out the door, looking super stressed out. When he walked out and closed the door, Youngboy looked at me.

"Some' ain't right." He shook his head, and I closed my eyes.

"Duh, how she just gone disappear?"

"I mean...some ain't right bout him." I looked at him, confused. He sighed and went back to getting himself ready. It's always something.
*

Kentrell Gaulden ⚡️

A couple of hours after Marc came in here "looking for Bri", I was looking for my charger in the living room, and Mariah was in our room sleep.

"Kentrell!" She called out, scaring the shit outta me.

"Huh?"

"Nothin'." I sucked my teeth.

"You annoyin'." I laughed. She came skipping into the living room.

"Where the hell ya clothes?" She had on some volleyball shorts and a crop top.

"On my body."

"Now, when they be off ya body, ion wanna hear no lame ass excuses." I crossed my arms. She sucked her teeth, waving me off. I pulled her back when she tried to walk off. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Nuh uh, my brother supposed to be coming back over here for somethin'."

"He can wait outside, the fuck?" She bursted out laughing.

"You is hell." She said between laughs as I let her go. On cue, there was a knock on the door.

"Wassup, Marcus? You know who got her?" She asked him as he walked in. I was still eyeing him, this nigga was hiding something.

"I just got called up to the police station uptown." I saw a tear run down his face.

"They told me they wanted me to identify a body...that was a girl who was about six years old." Mariah froze, I could tell she was holding her breath, waiting on him to finish. I was praying to God he was gonna say it wasn't her, but I knew.

"They killed my baby...they killed my baby." He said, letting tears fall quickly down his face. I was stuck. Mariah bursted our into tears as I pulled her into my chest. She was hysterical, she was squeezing me as she sobbed.

"I know Ma..." I didn't really know what to say. I wiped a tear off my cheek onto my shoulder. She let me go and turned to Marcus.

"YOU DID THIS TO HER!" She screamed, shaking. He looked at her as if he was trying to figure out a way to explain, by he just hung his head down.

"I SHOULD KILL YOU RIGHT WHERE YOU STAND, YOU KNOW THAT? That lil girl ain't deserve the shit y'all dumbasses put her through." She turned to me.

"I coulda saved her...why Ian save her?" She shook her head, putting a hand over her forehead. She mumbled them words to herself over and over, but stopped after a while. Marcus had left, she was in the bed, and I was in the kitchen, scrolling through my pictures to find some of Bri's pictures and videos. I posted a video of her dancing, a video of her trying to rap Down Chick with me, a picture of her on my shoulders, and one more picture of just her. I captioned it "Watch over me 🤞🏾❤️ Unc misses you baby girl 😔🙏🏾 #RestInPower #RIPBri"

I watched the notifications pop up on my screen, trying not to cry. Still, even though I was tore up on the inside, I still felt something in my gut:

Something ain't right.

__________

I'm not even gone lie to y'all, I cried writing this. 😔

Comment and Vote 💚💛

Hell And Back (NBA Youngboy)- COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें