Chapter 30 🥀: Legal

Mariah's POV
*
"So you think that's his girl?" Keisha was sitting at the foot of my bed, asking me about the girl that he videoed himself riding in the car with. I shrugged.

"She looks pretty and of age, so I don't care." She sucked her teeth.

"Yes you do." She muttered.

"I'm coo' on that one."

"Yeah, right. Why youn wanna tell the boys it's yo birthday?" I turned 18 today. I shrugged again.

"It's not a big deal, and I know they're gonna make it one." I mean, I was happy to see eighteen, but I didn't wanna do too much.

"Damn right. But it is a big deal! Tell you what, imma get Diamond ready, imma take you and the twins out to eat, drop Nasir off with the boys, then we go and get our nails and hair done. How that sound, best?"

"Amazing, boo. Thank you."

"You're so welcome." She goes out of my room. I get ready for the day, beating the twins to the shower. Once I finally got out I put on my clothes. Two or three hours later, Keisha busted through my door.

"I'll be back in a lil bit, Three talkin' bout come ova' thea'."

"Oou, get that pipe, sus!" She rolled her eyes.

"Not fa' that, I'm takin' ya cousins wit' me."

"Coo'. Bring 'em back how you takin' 'em!" I yelled down the hallway as she left.
*
Best🅱️🖤: Outside

I got off of my bed and rushed down to her car.

"Bitch, what took so long?" I mug her. She shrugged innocently. I squint, then realized the twins and baby were missing.

"Where my cousins?"

"YB got 'em."

"Lord, he gon' kill my cousins. How imma explain it?" She sucked her teeth.

"Girl, calm down. We headin' they way after I pop up at this girl's party and drop her gift off." I sighed, nodding. About 45 minutes later, we pulled into a mansion yard.

"Holy shit." Was all I could say. Keisha laughed.

"Come in with me." I grimaced at all of the cars. I got out, following her.

"Who this party for anyway?" I ask as we walk up the steps, looking over the masses of people. I saw my cousin Ramsey that stayed in Alabama.

"What the hell?" I mumbled as we reached the top of the staircase. There was a microphone in the middle of the balcony. My eyes grew wide as I put two and two together.

"Keisha, imma beat yo ass." I try to run to the steps, but Three and Kd stepped in front of it.

"The birthday girl has arrived!"

"I walked into this shit. This my fault." I grumbled to myself, waving at the cheering people with a smile.

"We got a surprise for you." She gestured to the rooms behind us. YB rolled Marc out in a wheelchair.

"Marcus!" I squealed, running to hug him. He stretched his arms out, getting up.

"Oh my God!" I jumped up into his arms, knocking him back a little bit. He laughed as the crowd cheered. I wiped a tear from my eye.

"Man, why yeen tell me?" I slapped his chest.

"Surprise." He laughed. I went over to Keisha, hugging her.

"Thanks, boo."

"Don't thank me, thank him." She winked, gesturing to YB. He was looking out in the crowd.

"He planned it." I smiled at him, and he smiled back sheepishly. I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he hugged me around my waist.

"Happy birthday, ma." He mumbled him my ear. I blushed as I heard a crowd of 'Awwww!'

"Thank you." I kissed him on his lips, smiling into the kiss. I pulled away when I heard somebody clear their throat.

"My bad." I looked down at my feet.

"Yeen gotta apologize, baby." He chuckled, grabbing the mic.

"Mariah, you already know I been feelin' you since Chaper St. Grocery. I already know I can go on and on 'bout what I like 'bout you. Anyway, what I'm really tryna say is, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Duh, stupid!" I laughed, roping him into another hug. The crowd cheered, whistling at us. He lifted me up a little off the ground, smiling.

For the rest of the night, I was turning up with friends, family, and a lot of people I didn't really know, surrounded by good vibes and feeling happier than I'd felt in a while.
_______
Another short chapter 😴 Get ready for some drama though 🐸☕️