Chapter 43 🥀: IHOP

Mariah Williams 💫

We were waiting to order at IHOP some time after YB got back to the apartment. I was sitting between Kd and Boomer, Ben and Keisha sat on either side of us. Beenie sat in front of Keisha, Kentrell and some female sat dead in front of me and Boomer, and Montana and Marc sat beside them. It was quiet and awkward for the first time in forever.

"Aight so...ian tryna be rude but--who this?" He said softly at me, pointing to the girl. I shrugged, looking back at the menu.

"Uh, I think we should introduce ourselves." Marc nosy ass said properly. He went around the table, introducing us. I couldn't help but laugh.

"So, what's yo' name?"

"Jaliyah." The waiter finally came to take out order. Marcus started up more conversation once the food came.

What is up with him being friendly all of a sudden?

"So, how long y'all been talkin'?" I saw Youngboy shift in his seat.

The million dollar question.

"We been talkin' since like last month." A couple of people's forks clinked down onto their plates and I cringed. Kd had a hand over his eyes and Ben had his head down. Youngboy acted as if he was looking for something.

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah, we started talking and hanging around each other and ever since then it kinda started growing into more than just sex, you know?" I bet this girl has no secrets. This time everybody stopped eating except me.

"This one a parrot. Don't know when to shut up." Kd leaned over and said quietly, making me turn in my chair and lay my forehead on his shoulder. I pulled my shirt over my mouth and laughed quietly.

"Y'all okay?" I heard her ask. I could see everybody staring at me out of the corner of my eye. I breathe in, close my eyes, and put my fork down. I put my money on the table.

"I feel a little sick. I'll catch up wit' y'all." I said, bluntly. Boomer grabbed my arm and shook his head. I mugged him and took my money off of the table.

"Why you won't let me leave?" I whispered to him as people were still eyeing me. I was actually starting to feel sick, so much shit was going on. He just didn't respond. I played with my food for the rest of the time, quietly holding my head down. I heard a chair scrape against the ground, then footsteps trail away.

"So we jus' finna act like you ain't cheat on my sister with two different females, n' countin', since you like ta pop shit out?"

"Man, chill out on that." YB said. I lifted up my head and got up, but was pulled back by Boomer again.

"Big B, Ian feelin' it. We bouta go anyway." I stressed, but he just shook his head.

"Nah, you my boy and all, but this shit really dirty as hell."

"Let it go, Marc. My fault, anyway." I mumbled the last part to myself, but Boomer heard me and mugged me.

"Hell nah, I ain't lettin' nun go, I can't believe I fell fa ya shit--"

"Man, just let me take you back to yo' crib." I point over my shoulder with my thumb. He sucked his teeth and pushed his chair out, reaching in his pocket. He pulled out a twenty, mugged YB one more time, then walked out with me. We got in the car, quietly. I broke the silence a few minutes down the road.

"What did you fall for?" I said in a quiet voice. He sighed.

"When we was plannin' ya birthday party, he was talm bout some 'I really luh ya sista, and I wanna show ha' that I wouldn't hurt ha' blazé blazé. I ate that bullshit up, 'cause I knew you deserve ta be happy."

"It prolly wasn't bullshit back then. He got to see the bad side of me. A average nigga can't handle that pressure." I say, shrugging. I blinked away the tears forming.

"Love jus' ain't fa me." I stated bluntly.

"I know it's some people out thea' like that, but it ain't you." He shook his head as we pulled up in his drive way.

"Man, this is really nice." I say, looking at the house in awe, even though it was night time.

"Where you get the money?" He laughed.

"Don't get mad."

"Marcus..."

"I linked with Pop. Imma runna now." I sighed in frustration.

"You better not die by this." He opened his door.

"I won't." He assure me, closing the door. I waited until he opened his door and closed it before I pulled off and drove to my apartment, going to sleep.

*
I woke up to the sound of loud voices, and I couldn't really understand them. I got up, rubbing my eyes and walking out of the room. Everybody looked like they had slept over, including Kentrell and Jaliyah. All eyes were on me.

"What?" I asked, annoyed. I walked into the kitchen area, and more yelling started.

"DAMN!" I whipped around to see everybody looking at my lower body. I had on some sleeping shorts. I stood behind the counter, hiding. Kentrell's girlfriend mugged him as he stared at me, too.

It's gonna be a long day.

_______

Quick chapter before I go ❤️

Make sure you comment and vote 😊