Chapter 71 🥀: Date Night

Mariah Williams 💫

"Bruh—Kentrell bring ha on. You really needa stay in the car." I sighed as I walked into the jailhouse. I was taking Brianna to see her daddy before he got shipped back to Baton Rouge for his trial or whatever. We walked into visiting area.

"Daddy!" I squeezed her hand so she wouldn't run off to him. We all sat down at the round table, Brianna sitting in my lap.

"Hey, baby!"

"When you comin' home?" He looked at her sadly.

"I don't know, baby. Daddy was bad, so I gotta stay in here for a lil while, okay?" She nodded and wiped her eye.

"Look, while I'm gone—'' He looked up at me.

"Listen to Auntie Riah and Trell, okay? You gone stay with them for a lil bit." He sighed.

"You made it seem like she was goin' wit ha granny." I said with an attitude. He always somewhere switching shit.

"Why you think ian snitch on you fa kidnappin'? Numba one, no matta' how mad you is, you my sista."

"You tried to kill me!" I squeaked.

"I just pulled it out to scare you, ian want it to go off. Kentrell, tell ya brotha' I truly apologize, mane. I did some fucked up shit." He nodded stiffly.

"What they chargin' you wit'?"

"I'm lookin' at assault wit' a deadly weapon, child endangerment, and fraud was on thea', but my financials showed I ain't get no insurance money. Her grandma got da insurance money, told me to get the hell on and if she see Brianna she gone kill ha fareal." He shook his head.

"Damn." I sighed.

"I was gone go at ha head, I just left. But steer clear from ha, ion care if she know she back. Protect my daughta." He had that look in his eye, worry mixed with seriousness. I nodded. He turned to Kentrell.

"I know you prolly pissed off at me, but I know you love my sista'. Protect ha'."

"Was doin' that already." I was surprised when he held his hand out to dap him up. We got up to get out of the visiting area.

"When y'all touchin' down in da Rouge?"

"Ken gettin' out sometime this week, wheneva he get out, or at least get betta." He nodded and sighed.

"When you comin' to Louisiana?"

"Gettin' shipped off wheneva' da DA wanna speak to me. Imma take a plea, ian tryna drag y'all or anybody through a trial. Shid, they might cut it down if I do that."

"Yeah."

"Bye y'all. Bye, Princess."

"Bye, daddy." She looked at him sadly. I turned around to see why somebody was yelling, some dude was getting cursed out. I let out a puff of air, waving Brianna on. We walked out together, going to the car. We headed back to the hotel.

"Bri, whea' ya lil doll?"

"I gave it to daddy, he said he's gonna be away for a long time. That place looked scary, she's gonna protect him." When I tell y'all my heart shattered into a million fucking pieces.