Chapter 18 🥀: In My Mind

Mariah's POV
*
The gang, except for YB and his sidekick, were kicking it at our apartment. I was doing some basic bitch lip syncing on Snapchat, when I was interrupted by a FaceTime call. I mugged my reflection, declining the call. It was a number that wasn't saved in my phone. They called again, and I declined it with a message.

-idk u please stop calling me

(Unknown)- man quit playin

I sucked my teeth, mugging the phone.

-stop playing on my line

They called me again, so I answered it. It was YB. I laughed, hanging up the phone. He called again.

"What?"

"Aye man, lemme talk to you. Come outside."

"Man, hell nah, we can talk right here."

"Man, come on, damn." I hung up, getting up.

"I'll be back, y'all." I stomp down to the front lot.

"What?" I crossed my arms as he walked up. He waved me to follow him.

"Why the fuck are we walking? It's midnight."

"Man, juss' come on." We walked for a long time, quietly. I started getting a sick feeling in my stomach. Something ain't right. We crossed through an alleyway.

"Aye, let's just turn back, I'll come back through withcha in the morning." He stepped to the side, and I see a big figure coming down the alleyway.

"I shoulda known not ta come withchu, opp ass bitch." I pulled out my heat, cocking it. I felt something bump me on the back of my head.

"Drop it, lil Max." I sighed loudly, dropping the gun. I chuckled as I felt Spin tug my arms behind my back.

"Nothing but a flip." I smiled, shaking my head at YB.

"Man, I'm sorry." I spit in his direction.

"Fuck you and yo' fake ass apology. Money on yo' head, nigga." Spin pulled me backwards as BigDee approached me. I tried to get out of his grip.

"You gone be big bank." He said, flicking my nose. He waved YB on, and he dragged me back, throwing me in some car, hands tied behind me. I looked at my surroundings, and crammed every little detail I could from the ride.

Y'all thought I was going out like a bitch?

Nah.

See, I know BigDee and Spin from my ATL shenanigans. Daddy used to always tell me not to trust 'em, to turn the other way whenever I saw them. And I did, always. They was known for shit like this, but man, were them niggas stupid. They didn't take my phone, didn't knock me out--or at least blindfold me, and I saw what kinda ride they were in. I chilled until we got to some big wear house. It seemed like we was walking for hours. I smelled weed in the air. BigDee opened the door to a night club looking scene. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around. They opened the door, and showed a wooden chair, with red carpeting, a fish tank, and a huge flat screen tv. There was a bed not too far away. Spin's big ass threw me in the chair, tying my hands behind my back.

"Ouch, damn! Get yo' ugly heavy handed ass off me!" I hissed. He looked at me, and raised his hand, hitting me in the jaw. I felt my lip flare in pain. BigDee hit him in the back of the head.

"What is wrong withchu, dumb ass! We gotta give her back the way she was, if Mad Max comes up with the money!" I spit some blood on the floor. YB was farther back, watching the scene.