First job

Preethi POV

My final semester of MBA will finish next month. I still have not got the job.As world is surging towards recession not many companies have been recruiting new hires. My scholarship will end once I finish my studies by then somehow I have to get a job so that I can make my living.

Yes, my fate is such that I need to get job just to make my living. I have no one to live with. Now I am sending my resume to different companies via job portals but didn't succeed to get a call back from a single company. My frustration and fear levels was also increasing day by day. With all this struggling almost 20 days went by I only had 10 more days I have to leave my hostel in less than 10 days if I don't find a job I have no money and no place to live and do no where to go next.

It was a rainy and cold morning. I was sleeping when my alarm rang and showed up the time to be 7am. I hit stop button and continued to sleep for some more time just then woke up in a jerk as my mobile tune hit my ears. It was a call from AA group of companies. They told me that my resume was short listed for the financial analyst post and had an interview tomorrow. I said I will attend and got the details and hung the call jumped up happily thinking at last after Long got a call for interview.

Next day,I took warm bath to beat the cold and got ready for interview in formal attire rushed to hostel kitchen to grab a slice of bread and an Apple as my breakfast then Locked the room and got into a taxi to reach AA group of companies.

As usual traffic was very high but still was able to reach on time and there were many candidates waiting like me. Finally after Long time my name was called and went into the interview room thinking about my situations and hoping best to get this job.

Now, I was one amoung the candidates to be shortlisted to next level .Have one last round of interview to get this job.

The person who took interview was taking really long time to interview each candidate. Finally after an hour I was called. As I went in, noticed a young man sitting in huge room ,the decor was very lavish and attractive. Anyone would love to work in such room.

As I went near him he was watching me with out a blink and was lost somewhere. I greeted him but got no response this time I tried loudly he came to his sense and asked me to take a seat and interview went on and on.He asked me the toughest questions it was all ticked and tweaked but I being smart was able to answer them. Later he asked me to wait out so some one in office would meet me.

I was waiting by then it was already evening, then a lady came with few papers and handed it to me and said I can start to work here from Monday.After hearing that I was in cloud nine.. just wanted to jump in but controlled myself. "I got in my first job"